• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Phase 1

Cella727

Hello I just had surgery 11/15/2022. I am still on liquid diet was on liquid diet prior two weeks currently in phase 1 I'm craving but can't eat too early. How many days after surgery did anyone eat? It's kind of hard right now. I have still been following liquid diet

I had to be on liquids for 1 week after surgery, but your Bariatric team should have given you guidelines and timelines for advancing your diet so please follow those. Most of what you are feeling is head hunger. I say that because when they did your surgery nerves in your stomach were severed and that means you don’t get hunger signals and you also aren’t getting hormone triggers to make you hungry. It’s super important to drink fluids often and your protein shakes if they are allowed at this stage. Follow what your Bariatric team has told you to do and don’t advance your diet early. It can cause a whole host of problems and complications if you do.

Hello, everyone's team has different guidelines. I would highly suggest following whatever guidelines your team put in place. After all, you trusted them with your surgery so now trust them with your recovery.

My diet consists of 2 weeks liquids, 2 weeks pureed, 2 weeks soft and then gradually back to a normal solid diet.

You can do it, just stay focused!

Back