• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

PHASE 2

Every surgeon has their own thoughts and plans for lengths of the stages. For me, I was on liquids for 6 weeks then move to purée for 4 weeks well, I basically did a modified liquid/ purée for the purée stage. I kept my protein shakes Twice a day and the the Other meal I would try some puréed food like egg salad, tuna fish, yogurt, mashed potatoes etc for me the thought of real food puréed just is nasty. I talked with the dr and he said you do what you need to do...if you want to stay on liquids longer that is fine go on your own pace. So my advice don’t rush thru the stages and go slow adding new foods to see if your body can handle them and the most important thing ALWAYS measure your food!

It all depends on what foods your surgical team want you to eat in the pureed phase. I was allowed anything that I could eat that I could mash with my tongue. I ate egg salad, tuna/salmon salad, protein shakes, soups - cream of chicken - cream of mushroom. I could eat hamburger with sauce - the hamburger just had to be in small small pieces. I didn't do well with the hamburger.

I did not put any meat in a blender - not my deal. Just follow the plan your surgical team has in place for you.

I did not puree meat either. I did eat a lot of beans and mashed veggies. I actually loved slow cooked chicken (it's super soft so just cut it into small bites) cooked in salsa and taco seasoning with refried beans. Like burritos without the tortilla. That was my puree go to. I only had to do puree for a week though, so it wasn't really too hard.

Back