• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Photography & Birding

WazzuCoug

A few photos I took this morning of a pileated woodpecker. This was the first time I’ve seen one on our property, so it made me happy to see. We often have hairy and downy woodpeckers, which are much smaller.

although photography has been my main hobby for years, my wife and I got into birding just a couple years ago. It is even more enjoyable now that it is easier for me to hike and get around!

Great shots! I love watching birds. We occasionally get a visit from a pileated woodpecker on our big tree in our front yard and it is always a sight to see. The downy and hairy woodpeckers love our birch tree right outside our living room window and visit frequently.

Enjoy your birding! Would love to see more pics if you'd like to share.

Love those pics! We used to attract woodpeckers with suet cakes in those square cages. I think the big ones we had were red-breasted (with rounded red heads & a rose patch on their chest), plus lots of downies. So cool to watch all the birds, esp the goldfinches on our finch socks. Late evenings we had a dozen or so cardinals eating sunflower seeds we scattered along the edge of the street in front of our house (dead end street, very few cars). Thanks for bringing back some great memories. Hope y'all enjoy your birdwatching as much as we did.

I take literally thousands of photos when travelling, hoping to get just a few decent shots that reflect the actual beauty of the subject. I usually get a few good ones. This was my favorite from our recent road trip. Sadly, none of the hundreds of pics I took of the grand canyon, the Utah desert and the Rocky Mountains came close to doing them justice.

I take literally thousands of photos when travelling, hoping to get just a few decent shots that reflect the actual beauty of the subject. I usually get a few good ones. This was my favorite from our recent road trip. Sadly, none of the hundreds of pics I took of the grand canyon, the Utah desert and the Rocky Mountains came close to doing them justice.

That's what I said about my photos of the Grand Canyon too. Nothing like being there!

I haven't been around that lake in a while, I think I may go tomorrow. I'd go today if I didn't have my appointment with the rheumatologist.

We have an owl family living by the lake. Every year, they have new chicks. It is almost impossible to get pictures of them. I was so happy to get one of the parents.

The turtle was a snapping turtle. When I was taking pictures I had no idea how dangerous it was!

That last picture is one of my favorites too. Just happened to be walking by at the right moment.

We are lucky to live in a beautiful area.

Back