• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

pix!

I like your new pic Diane.
Hi dearie! thank you for the compliment. You actually can't see what happened to my hair in that other profile picture. I had colored my hair red but it came out magenta. That combined with the fact that my hair was long and shaggy and I couldn't do anything with it, sent me to Supercuts. Wow was that a mistake!

There was only one stylist when I walked in, a guy in his early 30s who was finishing up a crew cut! I have very fine, very thin hair and I did lose a bunch of it after having surgery. So I'm fairly particular about how I get my hair cut.

This guy butchered it! He cut most of it off till it was only about an inch long all over I had a picture with me that I wanted him to use as a guideline but he didn't. Instead about halfway through the haircut, he started telling me his life story and how much he hates his wife who had divorced two years ago and who was ruining his life now with child support and custody issues. He just went on and on and every single time he hit on a word full of emotion he'd snip my hair even harder.

I mean, for Pete's sake, who is that angry two freaking years after the divorce? You think he'd be over it by now.

So I was really glad that I have about a million hats! And after a week of fiddling with it, it looks okay now. It's just really really short. I will never ever wonder again how I might look if I was bald!

So honeysgirl, just for you, I posted another goofy picture I took when I got home, of me in a really long wig that's made of human hair which I bought at the thrift store for $9! I can't pull off a wig, but I thought it was kind of funny. So check out my new profile pic.

So honeysgirl, just for you, I posted another goofy picture I took when I got home, of me in a really long wig that's made of human hair which I bought at the thrift store for $9! I can't pull off a wig, but I thought it was kind of funny. So check out my new profile pic.
[/QUOTE]
A human hair wig for $9? It's a good color for you. Use it as hair extentions! Are you saying the your hair hasn't bounced back from the surgery you had 12 years ago? Eeks! I though that hair loss was only a couple month problem controlled by biotin.

They told me in my surgery support group that if it didn't grow back in a year I wouldn't get it back. But it's just a little tiny patch right in the front where my bangs are. I couldn't believe I got that wig for that price either, my god, it's like 20" long or something! It's really quite beautiful but I just haven't had the nerve to wear it and I don't think I would ever wear it in public. I only bought it because it was so cheap and I knew what a human hair wig would cost. My youngest sister grows her hair out and then donates it to a cancer wig making company for this very purpose. Maybe I'll donate it.

They told me in my surgery support group that if it didn't grow back in a year I wouldn't get it back. But it's just a little tiny patch right in the front where my bangs are.
I just I just took these pictures a little while ago so you can see. I wouldn't want anyone here to think they couldn't have surgery because they might go bald. I think that the hair loss I experienced is the worst possible scenario, and even though it hurt my feelings to have a bald spot, I feel great being thin and fit.

I just I just took these pictures a little while ago so you can see. I wouldn't want anyone here to think they couldn't have surgery because they might go bald. I think that the hair loss I experienced is the worst possible scenario, and even though it hurt my feelings to have a bald spot, I feel great being thin and fit.

View attachment 2027
View attachment 2028

You're a brave woman Diane, I give you a lot of credit posting these close-ups. Thank you for sharing. :)

Back