• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Planning, Preparing and looking forward to better experiences

Loops

Currently stocking up on protein drinks and bars as well as broths. Looking at vitamins and thinking of food options that will work for myself and my family. I want to be able to feel comfortable in my own skin again. Holding back from activities due to my self consciousness and fear of not fitting on a ride or seat. I've missed out on many activities with my children due to my insecurities. I want to be able to chase after them without feeling exhausted and self conscious. I want to be part of the picture not the one always taking them.

Love yourself at every stage. Your post touches me for some reason. I am in the process of revision from sleeve to bypass. The first time I lost weight? I didn't realize how much it would effect the way others saw me. The comments I received (positive and negative) caused stress. I am now waiting for the date of my revision. I understand myself in a new way and comfortable in my own body. I want greater health and don't care what others think. Best of luck to you in this lifetime journey!

Currently stocking up on protein drinks and bars as well as broths. Looking at vitamins and thinking of food options that will work for myself and my family. I want to be able to feel comfortable in my own skin again. Holding back from activities due to my self consciousness and fear of not fitting on a ride or seat. I've missed out on many activities with my children due to my insecurities. I want to be able to chase after them without feeling exhausted and self conscious. I want to be part of the picture not the one always taking them.
I felt the same way minus the kids, mine are grown. But I wanted to be able to engage in life and activities that were not an option for me whether because I couldn't do it or was self concious about it.
I am almost a year post op from a lapband revision to bypass and I am so happy I did this. I feel great and believe the healing of my knee replacement done in November was helped because of the weightloss.
Good luck and keep us posted!!

Back