• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

plateau at 7 weeks?

RLW

I had my surgery about 7 weeks ago. I was going along smoothly, losing weight every week. This week I was able to finally eat some “real” food. But then I didnt lose a single pound! Do I have to live on yogurt to keep losing? What gives?

I had my surgery about 7 weeks ago. I was going along smoothly, losing weight every week. This week I was able to finally eat some “real” food. But then I didnt lose a single pound! Do I have to live on yogurt to keep losing? What gives?
The best thing about WLS is seeing those scale numbers going down so quickly. But to answer your question, no, you certainly don't want to live off of yogurt alone lol. All of us experience plateaus, stalls, what have you during this post-surgery life. As long as you are getting 60+ grams of protein, 64-80ozs of water, and movement daily, the weight will come off. Sometimes slowly, sometimes quickly, but you are a member of the loser's bench!!! If you can, try not to weigh yourself more than once weekly so you won't be discouraged by daily weight fluctuations. Good luck and keep celebrating you and your hard work! ❤❤

Below I shared a thread explaining stalls from a different member. I really liked his explanation. We all stall, it's natural. And even knowing that, very frustrating. As long as you continue to do what you're supposed to, the weight will come off. In fits and starts, but it will come off.

Back