• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Please tell me it gets easier...

I’m 2.5 weeks post op RNY. I’ve found it extremely challenging the last couple of days. I’m home with my family who are eating non stop. I have a nose like a blood hound and can smell everything throughout the house. We are isolating because of covid. I’m hoping things get easier when I can eat soft foods in 1.5 weeks. I’ve been on fluids for 3 weeks pre-op and 2.5 weeks post op. I can’t work out for another 3.5 weeks outside of walking. I feel all I’m doing is drinking and am no where near to getting in 1.5 litres of water. Is it normal to have buyers remorse so early post-op? I’m usually very positive and I can’t believe how discouraged I feel.
It will get better!! Don't give up before the Miracles happen and you are not alone!!!

I’m in the same position as you are! 2 weeks post op on Monday and I want savory foods. I haven’t done any soup purées yet bc it just sounds gross! I’ve had sugar free popsicles, sf jello, and protein shakes. I was so desperate today I licked my fingers after I served my daughter a handful of takis. But otherwise I’ve just tough it out.
I recommend simmering broccoli, mushroom, onion, and artichoke hearts or bell peppers in some chicken broth seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Once cooled, puree in a blender and it tastes great

I’m in the same position as you are! 2 weeks post op on Monday and I want savory foods. I haven’t done any soup purées yet bc it just sounds gross! I’ve had sugar free popsicles, sf jello, and protein shakes. I was so desperate today I licked my fingers after I served my daughter a handful of takis. But otherwise I’ve just tough it out.
I had my husband cook red beans and then I put in blender. It was like red bean soup. So tasty.

Back