• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Post op 19 years regained 40 lbs

I had my surgery 19 years ago. I was 280 lbs. Went down to 140 lbs. I have had ups and downs over the years and have regained 40 lbs. I found the reset pouch which I started yesterday. It goes to post op
plan instead of 2 to 3 month's, the reset is 10 days. This is the 1rst time I am doing this and I need support to help me stay focused. I have a husband that I still cook for so that and the evenings are my biggest challenges.
Please help if you have been through this.

Well, here it is day 3 of my pouch rest. I am staying right on track and the scales show I am down 6 pounds this morning.
I feel real good. I know as always probably just water weight but I feel I have made good progress.
Toady I am starting to ride my bike again.
So I can't walk very distances because of a leg problem, but I do bicycle.
So hope everyone is is doing good.
Stay Well
Grandma Brenda

Well, here it is day 3 of my pouch rest. I am staying right on track and the scales show I am down 6 pounds this morning.
I feel real good. I know as always probably just water weight but I feel I have made good progress.
Toady I am starting to ride my bike again.
So I can't walk very distances because of a leg problem, but I do bicycle.
So hope everyone is is doing good.
Stay Well
Grandma Brenda
That’s fantastic! Great job :)

I am down 6 pounds this morning.
I feel real good. I know as always probably just water weight

Congratulations! You are on your way. But I don't know why people always say that if you lose water weight you're not losing weight. If it's a weight loss it's a weight loss, doesn't matter if you are losing fat or losing water. Unless you plan on gaining the water back somehow. That cannot be done. There are no calories in water! You are 6 lb lighter and good for you! Keep on chooglin!

I had my surgery 19 years ago. I was 280 lbs. Went down to 140 lbs. I have had ups and downs over the years and have regained 40 lbs. I found the reset pouch which I started yesterday. It goes to post op
plan instead of 2 to 3 month's, the reset is 10 days. This is the 1rst time I am doing this and I need support to help me stay focused. I have a husband that I still cook for so that and the evenings are my biggest challenges.

Grandma Brenda, it has been 16 years since my bypass surgery. I have maintained 65 pound lost overall. I am considering another surgery. What is your take on a redo? and what is it called? I did contact one surgery in Tampa and was told that he does not perform second surgery. Any recommendations? Thanks

Back