• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Post op diet Blahs

You're so close! Pre-op diet sucks. Calories are basically energy and you've drastically cut down the fuel that your body is used to having in excess. You're going to be tired and actually, BLAH covers it pretty well I think lol I have no suggestions, as there really isn't much you can do except power through. It's worth it. It takes time and effort, but this is the best thing you've ever done for yourself. Hang in there!!

The first week of the pre op diet was the worst for me. I had a headache every day and was hungry all the time. Pickles and jello were my best friend for free foods! Then the second week hit. The sugar and carb withdrawal was gone and I had more energy without the constant headache. I also wasn't as hungry as before. You got this! Take it one day at a time and it does get better.

I’m now on phase 2 of my post op diet and I question everyday if I’m eating too much or too little. If I’m drinking enough. It’s literally like teaching yourself to eat all over again and then worrying if you’re stretching your stomach. We can do this.

Back