• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Post-op Diet

Debbyg

I have been eating tuna, mashed potatoes, cottage cheese. still drinking protein shakes. When I use up what I have of the protein shakes, I don't think I will buy them again. At least not in the big boxes of 18 from Costco or Sam's. I'll just buy the 4 pack once in a while. So far, no issues eating anything. I go Feb. 15th for my 1 month checkup. If my scales are right, I have lost 35 lbs. since Jan. 2nd. I can get some of my jeans buttoned that I couldn't before so I guess I am doing something. :)

I have been eating tuna, mashed potatoes, cottage cheese. still drinking protein shakes. When I use up what I have of the protein shakes, I don't think I will buy them again. At least not in the big boxes of 18 from Costco or Sam's. I'll just buy the 4 pack once in a while. So far, no issues eating anything. I go Feb. 15th for my 1 month checkup. If my scales are right, I have lost 35 lbs. since Jan. 2nd. I can get some of my jeans buttoned that I couldn't before so I guess I am doing something. :)
Must be nice eating mashed potatoes, they are not on my list of foods I can eat yet and I had my surgery on Dec 22

that's weird. My doctor told me I could eat mashed potatoes when I went for my 1 week visit. I guess all doctors are different.

My doctor doesn't like mashed potatoes. He says there isn't as much nutrition as other foods I could try. My stomach really likes cold foods like fudgicles and popsicles. I had pudding yesterday and it gave me diarrhea.

My doctor doesn't like mashed potatoes. He says there isn't as much nutrition as other foods I could try. My stomach really likes cold foods like fudgicles and popsicles. I had pudding yesterday and it gave me diarrhea.
Yeah potatoes don't have much protein but has a lot of carbs.... For example some mashed potatoes have 16 carbs and 1-2 protein per 1/2 cup.... thats a bunch of carbs for so little food... Just saying... But when you want something real after 3 weeks of liquids, half that serving of potatoes... Everyone says glad to have real food...

I am getting tired of potatoes, cottage cheese. I have some sugar-free pudding and jello and popsicles, too. I made a cup of macaroni and cheese for lunch today. Mushed up the macaroni so I could eat it easily. It was pretty good.

Make sure you make up for the missing protein if you give up shakes. I've been told to plan on having them the rest of my life. I'm not a fan of shakes so that sucks.

I've found since surgery that I can no longer have dairy or I get diarrhea. Maybe the pudding had milk in it. Just a thought.

I've only eaten mac and cheese today for the first time. Just sounded really good. I am eating cottage cheese for my dinner now. Made a pitcher of iced tea, too. I needed a change from water. I add lemon or crystal light or something to water but it still gets old. So, I'm trying tea, for a change.

I have Bariatric Advantage protein powder so I have been making shakes/smoothies with it. The bag is still more than half full so it should last for awhile. Then I also have some other protein powder I will be using for shakes. I need to use all this up so I will do that before I buy more protein drinks. I even bought a battery operated "shaker" to take to work and make my shakes. It does better than just shaking the powder and water. Seems to dissolve better. I can pack up what I need to make them on the days I go to the office. :)

Diarrhea ? Wow, bless your heart. I was reading about how foods will affect you differently now. Trial and error it looks like.

I' just having a heck of a time getting through the second week of my full liquid phase...I look horrible, feel bad, and I'm a bit cranky! Can't drive cause I'm way to dizzy...I'm drinking enough water, 6 bottles a day , plus my tea....any suggestions?

Back