• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Post-Op Sleeve Size

Texnoble

I just read a book called, "Ultimate Gastric Sleeve Success" by Dr. Duc Vuong. Great book! I learned a few things. There is a very good reason why we are so limited in our food and drink choices post-op. With all the inflammation from the stitches in the sleeve, it is as narrow as a pencil! I had never heard it put that way before. Over the weeks that follow, the swelling goes down allowing us more food.

With all the inflammation from the stitches in the sleeve, it is as narrow as a pencil! I had never heard it put that way before.
Wow, amazing! I hope our members who are having trouble adjusting to the sleeve will read your post and see that the organ itself is compromised which is why they are experiencing so much unpleasantness.

Having had the good old RYGB, I never had a day of discomfort from within. My problems were with the huge scar on my belly and the nerve endings that were damaged when this cut was made, and my first bout with constipation which ain't no joke folks!

Thanks for reading that book Tex, and sharing with us that important fact.

That is a good book to read for the ones going for the sleeve. Now the bypass is different because we are getting a smaller pouch. My doctor said it will be swelling in the pouch and we have to take it slow on getting in the stuff we need. It will be hard to get in all the water we will need and even more the nutrition we will need. My doctor and nut has informed me completely on this. It helped that my nut had her surgery done by the same doctor. And she has tried all the no no's and she said we can only learn by experience. But she told me that it is going to be very hard to get in the whole 64 oz of liquid. and we will have to sip all day long on stuff. But that is ok with me. I wonder if there is a book about the bypass like that.

I just read a book called, "Ultimate Gastric Sleeve Success" by Dr. Duc Vuong. Great book! I learned a few things. There is a very good reason why we are so limited in our food and drink choices post-op. With all the inflammation from the stitches in the sleeve, it is as narrow as a pencil! I had never heard it put that way before. Over the weeks that follow, the swelling goes down allowing us more food.
I read that book as well, his videos on Youtube are funny. He certainly doesn't mince words. If you want a shock of truth from a doctor then watch the videos if you haven't already. The one I watched yesterday was on sex after surgery. I was laughing!!

I read that book as well, his videos on Youtube are funny. He certainly doesn't mince words. If you want a shock of truth from a doctor then watch the videos if you haven't already. The one I watched yesterday was on sex after surgery. I was laughing!!
The book is a quick read. The ebook was cheap on Kindle. I've been meaning to look at the YouTube videos. It looks like there are quite a few.

Back