• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Post-Op TTC with PCOS

SwtHrt7

So I'm wondering if there are any post-op ladies out there who have or are TTC (trying to conceive)? One of my health issues that played into my having surgery to help with weight loss and controlling my diabetes, was also to help with my PCOS. My sugars have run normal since id say about 4 months post op. I haven't made the appointment yet to see where my body is as far as the PCOS issues, but I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with this after surgery (and the obvious waiting period before conceiving)??

So I'm wondering if there are any post-op ladies out there who have or are TTC (trying to conceive)? One of my health issues that played into my having surgery to help with weight loss and controlling my diabetes, was also to help with my PCOS. My sugars have run normal since id say about 4 months post op. I haven't made the appointment yet to see where my body is as far as the PCOS issues, but I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with this after surgery (and the obvious waiting period before conceiving)??

Good luck to you. I had repoductive problems all my life but did manage to have one child before I started gaining weight. I had bariatric surgery last year at 64 yrs old, so of course this is all too late to help me. I hope you are successful now that you have had surgery. :)

Cheyenne

I had a hysterectomy a few years ago because of abnormal bleeding and heavy bleeding. As far as I know with all of the research that I have done one wls the suggested waiting time is at least 2 years. You should ask the docs at the bariatric center that you go to for a more accurate answer.

TillieS

Prior to surgery my bodies insulin production was one of the highest that my surgeon, endocrinologist and GP had ever seen. Now that I have had surgery, lost 126 pounds, exercise daily and eat so much better than ever I am having regular periods with no heavy flows and all of the other related issues.

I was told by my surgeon, his nurse, my endocrinologist and other Dr.'s that my husband and I need to make sure we are using a very reliable form of Birth Control (LOL I am 50) because my fertility will be at its highest for the first 12 to 18 months post op due to my insulin production stabilizing and normalizing.

I will also include this comment... I did not think intimacy could better or more intense, well it has.... ;)

My friend has had the gastric bypass surgery. She gave birth to a happy, healthy baby girl last oct. The baby did end up being 2 months preemie tho. She conceived the baby 1 and half years after surgery

Back