• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Post-op w/surgeon and post-op testing

Nannee2-2

Hi everyone...so I had my post-op with my surgeon and post-op testing this past Tuesday the 16th. I am now doing my 2 week post-op diet. My surgery is on the 30th. I am both excited and nervous. Any tips on how to calm my nerves and help pass the time?

Oops, I think you meant pre-op. ;) Your feelings are absolutely normal!! My go to when I need to calm down is relaxation music, some essential oils - usually lavendar, and maybe a foot massage or a facial massage (I can do those both myself if I need too!). Otherwise hobbies are a good distract, a good book or a good movie! Congrats on your surgery date and I wish you all the best!

Oops, I think you meant pre-op. ;) Your feelings are absolutely normal!! My go to when I need to calm down is relaxation music, some essential oils - usually lavendar, and maybe a foot massage or a facial massage (I can do those both myself if I need too!). Otherwise hobbies are a good distract, a good book or a good movie! Congrats on your surgery date and I wish you all the best!
Thanks JudyNY, I did mean pre-op. I appreciate your tips for helping me to pass the time. I've purchased Intuitive Eating with the workbook and plan to begin reading/working through it. The oils and relaxation music sounds awesome as well!

Judy I want to relax with YOU! I love all those things too - big fan of aromatherapy! ☺️

Back