• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Post op

Swanzylady4u

Hey everyone Am new here. I am 4 weeks post op and I don’t see any weight lost.. I work out a lot and drink a lot of water and also eat healthy so why am I not losing the weight like everyone else..

What does "eat healthy" mean? you should have been on a liquid diet for at least 2 weeks and during that time you should have lost significant weight. At 3 weeks you should be eating soft foods. And when you are ready, semi-solids, and then small portions of solid food. if you haven't lost any weight and you are 4 weeks out, something is seriously wrong. You really need to talk to your doctor and you should have a nutritionist.

I have my 1 month post op appointment coming up soon so I will talk to them... I eat most of the things my nutrition gave me... I drink about 64oz of water a day. Work out about an hour a day. I eat mostly egg white with fat free cheese with sugar free peaches, then for lunch I eat fat free oaik yogurt then for dinner I eat Lima beans so idk what am doing wrong..

I have my 1 month post op appointment coming up soon so I will talk to them... I eat most of the things my nutrition gave me... I drink about 64oz of water a day. Work out about an hour a day. I eat mostly egg white with fat free cheese with sugar free peaches, then for lunch I eat fat free oaik yogurt then for dinner I eat Lima beans so idk what am doing wrong..
Hi Swanzy- what type of surgery did you have? Have you lost anything at all? I'd recommend seeing your Dr., like Diane said. If you work out a lot, could you be adding muscle weight? Are you losing any inches or toning up your body? The fat you have lost could be displaced with muscle. This is one for your dr.

I had the gastric sleeve, people are telling me am losing and yes am toning , but when I stand on the scale the numbers are not going down! So am worried

Back