• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Post revision

trnsmaster

Just had revision because of the Gerd issues and esophagus issue. No pains 1 week out but Something’s not right ,
I am hangry !!! Hungriest I have ever been in my life !
Is this normal right after surgery ??
In fear if this is new normal
Anyone else feel this way ? Drinking more doesn’t quench it like normally would
Thanks for your help

I was also very hungry. I was mad because I thought the hunger hormone would not work, at least for a while after the surgery. I went straight to bypass not a revision. I had some issues with sweet things and all of the protein shakes were sweet and gross. I was so happy to eat mashed potatoes. It was on my liquid diet list. I was hungry every two hours.

Just had revision because of the Gerd issues and esophagus issue. No pains 1 week out but Something’s not right ,
I am hangry !!! Hungriest I have ever been in my life !
Is this normal right after surgery ??
In fear if this is new normal
Anyone else feel this way ? Drinking more doesn’t quench it like normally would
Thanks for your help
Hi, I have been away for quite a while. Just got back here and saw your post.
I had revision from lapband to bypass due to acid issues and esophageal ulcers.
The first couple of weeks after surgery I was not hungry. But as I began to approach food I was. But mostly I will say it was psychological. I agree protein shakes made me gag.
I

What I am fully healed inside means to me is that every disturbance and sip and car ride and everything doesn't feel like a tummy ache. This coincided with me actually feeling hungry again. I can tell now when I need to eat and it is not the same as it was immediately post-op. I actually wanted to eat after cooking dinner that I couldn't wait for my husband to get home to eat with him. Thankfully he walked in before I sat down and we did get to sit together. It is nice to want to sit through a meal even though my portions are still so small and always will be. I do have to intentionally eat slow so I can finish my meal without nausea still but when I do it right, food is enjoyable again and that is encouraging and scary. I think the discomfort has helped me control my overeating and allow the weight loss. It still takes a lot of patience and perseverance.

100% and for meI still feel Luke I'm learning how to work this new me, new appetite,refusal to feel guilty, being concious of everything!
Finding new things, recipes, and loving them.
I love my protein, collagen coffee in the morning. I enjoy a flavored protein coffee in the afternoon and a plain coffee at night because they are too filling
My new lesson is learning what to eat when I want something sweet but not high in calories and I'm turning to protein bars etc.

Learning to make new picky stuff because I'm more of a picker than sweet eater lol

Back