• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Postponed and struggling

JAKSBlue

My surgery was supposed to be on March 31st. I worked so hard to lose the required weight and I quit smoking and was on a good exercise routine at the gym... Then it all stopped. Surgery was postponed with no date as of yet. I was SO READY and excited - Now 3 weeks later I feel like I am struggling to stay excited and ready and positive and on track (still no smoking though!!!!). Anyone else struggling?

I am definitely struggling! My 3rd appointment was cancelled and rescheduled for April, so now as far as the insurance company is concerned, I’m postponed by a month. But I keep remind myself that this is a postponement, not a full on cancellation. Keep your eye on the prize. Remember that you don’t want to do anything to cause further setbacks as well. I myself have not been successful around the Easter candy today, but luckily, that won’t last long with 3 kids running around my house! Keep your chin up, it’ll all fall into place ;)

My surgery was scheduled for April 15th and I feel like there will be no end in sight for quite a while and it is very difficult to maintain a positive attitude about this. Talking to my therapist does help, but I hope we all don't have to wait until mid summer or early fall. I am continuing with good eating habits but not being able to shop enough for fresh veggies and fruits (if you can find what you need) does not make it easy. I hope we can all stay healthy and safe during this time. Praying for the ones suffering from illness or loss.:(

I love the support one gets here! Thank you! It is Monday and I am going to make a very conscious effort to breathe and be healthy for me today. I am going to force myself to work out in the yard and feel positive. I hate the thought of it but I am going to start weighing myself daily again - I seem to stay on track more so that way. - Happy Monday to everyone!

I love the support one gets here! Thank you! It is Monday and I am going to make a very conscious effort to breathe and be healthy for me today. I am going to force myself to work out in the yard and feel positive. I hate the thought of it but I am going to start weighing myself daily again - I seem to stay on track more so that way. - Happy Monday to everyone!
I’m kind of feeling that way too. After overindulging yesterday, today I decided I’m going to start focusing on my tracking and protein intake more. I’m even making a soup that has 74 grams of protein per cup! That’s insane!! It’s my own recipe, so hard to write down, but a bag of dried red beans, yellow and orange bell pepper, yellow onion, can of diced tomatoes, crazy amount of chicken broth, and seasoning to taste. Almost like the red beans of red beans and rice without the rice and meat.
Also my doctors office called to schedule my next dietician appointment and I finally get to meet my surgeon. It’ll all be virtual, but one step closer! Keeping my goals in check and my eyes on the prize! :D

I am in Michigan - so we are getting hit pretty hard. I made chicken, beef, pork bone broth. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the chicken one, but the hubby has to help me as I just can't look at chicken feet hahahahah. Instantpot makes it so easy and fast. I am so worried about insurance no covering my surgery now that there has been such a delay... worrying is part of my everyday life.

I usually make my chicken bone broth from the carcass after I’ve roasted a chicken. We get our beef from a family friend, so we have a lot of bones for soup. I haven’t tried pork bones yet. I’m worried about my insurance as well, but the person who’s in charge of that at my weight loss center said she’s going to fight with them to keep my original 180 days, which would finish me up late July, so hopefully surgery can be scheduled in early August.

I am in Michigan - so we are getting hit pretty hard. I made chicken, beef, pork bone broth. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the chicken one, but the hubby has to help me as I just can't look at chicken feet hahahahah. Instantpot makes it so easy and fast. I am so worried about insurance no covering my surgery now that there has been such a delay... worrying is part of my everyday life.
My surgery, if it ever gets around to happening will be in Michigan at Ann Arbor VA.

I’m in TN and was just scheduled last Wednesday to undergo gastric bypass on April 27th. Originally things were postponed, but as we aren’t being hammered in TN, I guess the surgeons have decided to move forward. I’ve started the Liver Shrink diet, and I’m trying to remain optimistic, but cautious because I feel like it’ll be postponed. This has been quite the process for me, from starting two years ago, then having to restart, and now it’s so close that I can taste it!

Congratulations Pink. Isn't that liver shrink diet crazy? I asked why and was told they flip/move the liver out of the way so they can get to the stomach and parts that hide behind the liver. The smaller the liver is and the more rest it has gotten will increase the odds of having less pain after surgery and less chance of injuring the liver.

Back