• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Pre-op diet starts tomorrow

lsales4363

I have seen a lot of different pre-op plans being posted by others. I know that no one plan is right or wrong - just what your own doctor prefers. I will be able to have one meal per day with solid food (protein only) to go with the 3 protein shakes. I cooked my turkey today so I could have mashed potatoes with it. Now I can freeze up some for Week two. Only a three day work week, so hopefully all will go well.

I will say my turkey cooked up beautifully. And instead of gravy, I have chicken broth to put with the turkey when I reheat - that will keep it nice an moist.

I wonder why doctors are so different with their preop diets. I start my first week preop full liquid diet today and can have only yogurt, pudding, cream soups, Popsicles, etc. no solid food not even chunks of fruit in the yogurt. Good luck on your diet. Surgery fast approaching

From what I understand, each surgeon has seen over time and with experience how their patients will fair post surgical and what diet seems to work best for a better outcome...

Not to metion the pre surgery weight loss helps to prevent possible issues during surgery.

Let's face it, you go into the surgery on a full diet it would be a psychological blow to go from a full diet to a liquids only.

I can say from my diet phasing I have a realistic expectation of my post surgical dieting and food program requirements.
I do not think I am going to have issues with a liquid, pureed, and limited volume diet.

I wonder why doctors are so different with their preop diets. I start my first week preop full liquid diet today and can have only yogurt, pudding, cream soups, Popsicles, etc. no solid food not even chunks of fruit in the yogurt. Good luck on your diet. Surgery fast approaching

My Phase II diet, pre-surgical, I was only allowed 3 dairy (Yogurt or skim milk) a day, 4 protein shakes and a small greens only salad as an afternoon snack.
I was allowed to have sugar free jello, sugar free ice pops, crystal lite, power ade zero

I have seen a lot of different pre-op plans being posted by others. I know that no one plan is right or wrong - just what your own doctor prefers. I will be able to have one meal per day with solid food (protein only) to go with the 3 protein shakes. I cooked my turkey today so I could have mashed potatoes with it. Now I can freeze up some for Week two. Only a three day work week, so hopefully all will go well.

I will say my turkey cooked up beautifully. And instead of gravy, I have chicken broth to put with the turkey when I reheat - that will keep it nice an moist.

I noticed that, too. Many different pre-op plans. Mine was to be on liquids 3 days before surgery. I had surgery on a Monday and had to have liquids, Fri, Sat, and Sun. That wasn't too bad. However your pre-op plan sounds better. Lol. Good Luck to you!!! :)

I cooked my turkey today so I could have mashed potatoes with it. Now I can freeze up some for Week two. Only a three day work week, so hopefully all will go well.

Make some good homemade turkey broth... MMMMMMmmmm Nom Nom Nom... :)

Back