• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Pre op hunger

I’m not an expert with the liquid plan. I only had to do that for 24 hours leading up to my surgery.

I know what you mean by missing comfort food. I’m looking forward to making my favorites bariatric style.

Hang in there by taking things one day at a time. Had my surgery on July 20th and fitting into clothes much smaller clothes. People are commenting how I’ve lost weight and look great. I’m off from high blood pressure medicine and feel so much better.

I struggled in the beginning and had a lot of self doubt and regrets. Not anymore though. It’s was all worth it and I’m looking forward to my continued weight loss.

You may want to concentrate on drinking more water with lemon or lime, binge watch something on Netflix or find a good book to read.

I’ve learned so much these past few months about the eating disorders. I didn’t realize I was an emotional eater and would eat to satisfy something. I’ve found new outlets such as long walks and recently joined a gym.

Wishing you the best and concentrate on the new you and your weight loss journey.

There isn't a great way to make the liquid diets much better, unfortunately, but pre-surgery they set you up for success, and post-surgery they really help you heal. That's about all you can focus on. It will be over before you know it and you'll be on your way!

Back