• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Pre-op testing question

GirlFriday

I had my pre-op testing two weeks ago and heard from my surgeon's office today that I have to several of the tests redone because my results were not desirable. In particular, my white blood count was too high and there were trace amounts of nicotine in my system (she said that the correct level of nicotine is 20 or lower, and my level was 50 -- which makes no sense because I don't smoke).

Did anyone else have to restest? Should I be worried?

I had my pre-op testing two weeks ago and heard from my surgeon's office today that I have to several of the tests redone because my results were not desirable. In particular, my white blood count was too high and there were trace amounts of nicotine in my system (she said that the correct level of nicotine is 20 or lower, and my level was 50 -- which makes no sense because I don't smoke).

Sounds like they got your results mixed up with someone else if you don't smoke and your nicotine level was high. Do you live with a smoker?

Good Luck,

Cheyenne

Yikes.

Yes, how the heck can you have nicotine levels if you never smoked?

Geezz.

I would get back to your Doctor and ask him/her what the hell is going on here?

Furthermore, based on the Doctor's response to this I would seriously consider finding another Doctor. Something is awfully wrong here.

Ralph

Back