• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Pre-Surgery Diet Headaches

Cheryl Dawn

Hello Everyone!
I am brand new to this site and I must say I'm looking forward to chatting with others who get what I'm going through.
I'm on Day 2 of my Pre-Surgery 2 week liquid diet and feel like hell. The headaches are brutal. I have pretty much gone "cold turkey" off of sugar and caffeine. I'm also weak and so cranky. Does this let up anytime soon?

Hello Everyone!
I am brand new to this site and I must say I'm looking forward to chatting with others who get what I'm going through.
I'm on Day 2 of my Pre-Surgery 2 week liquid diet and feel like hell. The headaches are brutal. I have pretty much gone "cold turkey" off of sugar and caffeine. I'm also weak and so cranky. Does this let up anytime soon?
I had the same thing. Lasted about a week for me. Then I felt great!

Hello Everyone!

Welcome!
Be patient...REMEMBER, THERE'S NO GREATER FEELING... THAN LOOKING GOOD!.. AND BEING HEALTY.
IT WILL GET BETTER...KEEP UP POSTED!

BEST WISHES.

Thanks everyone for getting back to me! Today is day 3 of my pre-op liquid diet and my headaches are gone at this point. The hardest thing is dealing with how weak and out of breath I feel. I have no energy. I try to get my important stuff done right after I drink one of my Protein Shakes because that's when I feel the best. This weekend will be tough. On Saturday we have an all day graduation party and Sunday my entire family is going out for Mother's Day Brunch!

Thanks everyone for getting back to me! Today is day 3 of my pre-op liquid diet and my headaches are gone at this point. The hardest thing is dealing with how weak and out of breath I feel. I have no energy. I try to get my important stuff done right after I drink one of my Protein Shakes because that's when I feel the best. This weekend will be tough. On Saturday we have an all day graduation party and Sunday my entire family is going out for Mother's Day Brunch!
Stay positive... If you can get through Saturday, the graduation party on Sunday and MOTHER'S DAY BRUCH. You can get through anything. Think of it as only a test... YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Best Wishes

Thanks! You are right! The Graduation Party and Mother's Day will give me a chance to show my entire family that I'm 100% committed and will succeed this time! They have all been supportive to my face but I know a few are doubting that I will succeed.

Thanks! You are right! The Graduation Party and Mother's Day will give me a chance to show my entire family that I'm 100% committed and will succeed this time! They have all been supportive to my face but I know a few are doubting that I will succeed.
Yes! you can show them... better than you can tell them. Let the world know you are not only committed, "IT'S THE NEW YOU"
You have just turned your FEAR into EXCITEMENT. "WAY TO GO"AND THE WEEKEND IS NOT HERE YET. I'm excited for you...kept us posted.

I'm just following up to see how's your weekend is going so far. I'm sure you would receive an "A"... if you were graded, on how well you are doing.
I am so...excited for you!!

Hello Everyone!
This was the hardest part to get thru, after you have the surgery I'm 11 days on post op liguid diet so the two weeks of liguid diet before the surgery is a big help to prepare you. Biggest help for me is getting as much rest as you can and walking. Best it will get better.

Back