• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

pre surgery

Hi Cathy, I had a bit of pain the first 24 hrs or so. Mainly from the CO2 and it was localized to my left shoulder. I had a g-tube for a little over a week and at times I found that painful but nothing that wasn't manageable. I didn't have any complications either. I did a fair amount of cheering myself on when I was hurting early on but as long as your provider has outlined your meds available post op I bet you will be wonderful.
Dreams

Hi cathy, i also had the co2 pain in my left shoulder,nothing unberable,i got up and walked as often az i could,the more you walk before and after the better. First 24hrs a little pain, by the 4 th day at home i was off the liquid pain med. Its really not that bad compaired to when they have to open you up, i have 5 little tiny sore spots,healing verry fast. Youll do just fine before you know it youll be home and doing great:)hungerbuddy:):):)

Back