• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Preferred Protein Shakes

Fosgate

I guess I have been a stickler for Orgain's smooth chocolate fudge and vanilla bean flavors. They seem to go down easy. Fairly sweet using a natural sweetener. It's good especially on those days when I half the almond milk recommendation to half to just 4oz. When I gotta get protein in. I had also ordered some Bariatric Advantage HPMR (High Protein Meal Replacement) before surgery but never tried them. Getting ready to go to Yellowstone NP and tried the Strawberry, Cookies and Cream, and the Banana Flavor. Super creamy, not overly sweet and settles well in the stomach. I still have the Vanilla, chocolate to try and I went on to AmBari Nutrition's webpage and noticed they make an Iced Latte and Orange Cream flavors that seem to be out in all sizes. I found the Orange Cream on Amazon and ordered that. (I'm a sucker for anything orange cream) mainly because one of my all time favorite protein shakes from GNC was an Orange Creamsicle flavor but I gave it up eventually because of the sugar content. 2lb tub of the Bariatric Advantage runs about twice as much as Orgain and many others. Overall the flavors I have tried from this brand are really good in flavor and settle the stomach well though.

What brands have others brands and flavors tried and did not like VS. others you liked and would recommend?

Ditto for me on the Premier Protein cafe latte. I like some of their others too and I will get peach, pumpkin pie, banana to change it up a bit. I also use caramel in my hot coffee as a creamer. I just like the convenience that they are premade. I do also have a supply of powdered protein but use that less often. One of my favorite powder proteins when I was on liquids was the chicken soup from Celebrate. It changed it up from always having a cold protein drink and was rather comforting.

I just bought the premier protein caramel shakes for after surgery. Thanks for the idea Judy. Didn't know about them until your previous post about them. Something besides chocolate! Also bought some stage 1 baby food, cream soups, and Kroger's Carb Master yogurt (recommended in my pre-op class).

Fairlife Nutrition Plan is my prime source for protein drinks. For the longest time it was the Chocolate and Vanilla flavors but for the past 6 months it has been the coffee flavor, which is ironic because I have never had a cup of coffee in all of my 49 years of life.

Fairlife Nutrition Plan is my prime source for protein drinks. For the longest time it was the Chocolate and Vanilla flavors but for the past 6 months it has been the coffee flavor, which is ironic because I have never had a cup of coffee in all of my 49 years of life.

I'm not much of a coffee drinker either. Every couple years I'll hit a phase where I want a good cappuccino, black coffee, mix up my own Starbucks double shot iced coffee etc. But it only lasts a month or two, so I own a Ninja Coffee Bar that rarely gets used. I didn't eat eggs until about 3 years ago also. The response I'd get from people when I told them I didn't drink coffee or eat eggs was like, "How do you function?"

I don't really drink protein shakes anymore. However, when I did have to drink them to get my protein in, I preferred to use Aldi's Elevation powder in vanilla. I really liked my shakes to be thicker, so I'd use ice, 1/2 high protein milk, 1/2 greek yogurt and the powder, so I could get my consistency where I wanted it. I also love orange cream. If you use a vanilla protein shake you can add a flavored water squirt, like MIO, a flavoring packet, like Crystal Light or a flavoring syrup, like Torani, to really mix up your flavors.

I don't really drink protein shakes anymore. However, when I did have to drink them to get my protein in, I preferred to use Aldi's Elevation powder in vanilla. I really liked my shakes to be thicker, so I'd use ice, 1/2 high protein milk, 1/2 greek yogurt and the powder, so I could get my consistency where I wanted it. I also love orange cream. If you use a vanilla protein shake you can add a flavored water squirt, like MIO, a flavoring packet, like Crystal Light or a flavoring syrup, like Torani, to really mix up your flavors.

Oh, I just found something dangerous. Sugar Free.
61X8qbk3hpL._SL1000_.jpg

I guess I have been a stickler for Orgain's smooth chocolate fudge and vanilla bean flavors. They seem to go down easy. Fairly sweet using a natural sweetener. It's good especially on those days when I half the almond milk recommendation to half to just 4oz. When I gotta get protein in. I had also ordered some Bariatric Advantage HPMR (High Protein Meal Replacement) before surgery but never tried them. Getting ready to go to Yellowstone NP and tried the Strawberry, Cookies and Cream, and the Banana Flavor. Super creamy, not overly sweet and settles well in the stomach. I still have the Vanilla, chocolate to try and I went on to Bariatric Pals webpage and noticed they make an Iced Latte and Orange Cream flavors that seem to be out in all sizes. I found the Orange Cream on Amazon and ordered that. (I'm a sucker for anything orange cream) mainly because one of my all time favorite protein shakes from GNC was an Orange Creamsicle flavor but I gave it up eventually because of the sugar content. 2lb tub of the Bariatric Advantage runs about twice as much as Orgain and many others. Overall the flavors I have tried from this brand are really good in flavor and settle the stomach well though.

What brands have others brands and flavors tried and did not like VS. others you liked and would recommend?

I like Premier Protein Shakes. They are very tasty. Ensure makes a Clear Protein Shake. It’s also good. Atkins has an economic diversity of flavors and bars. Carbo Solutions is also very economical and tasty! These are some of my Favorites. But read the labels some of their bars have high fat, sodium or calories.

Back