• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Prep begins

Mumma23

I start my prep op diet today. Not much different from what I normally eat. I've been a cautious eater for years. Severe reflux, anemia and health issues. Dr. is doing an endoscopy before sleeve to check on stomach striations. I'm not nervous, but wonder how it will go. My weight has never been the issue I have a 6 cm hiatal hernia to be repaired. I'm down 20 pounds since August 21. My family is finally onboard with the changes coming.

I’m post op for gastric bypass I also have anemia and acid reflux severe topped off with a huge hiatal hernia I’m new to this journey
It sounds like you should be seeing a doctor really often. The hernia is a huge concern. I hope you'll connect with a knowledgeable doctor who understands the potential dangers, especially preventing vomiting. Many of us were given prescriptions to curb that, and you especially need extra special care.

Let medical professionals guide you. We share our stories but each journey is different, so get a recovery that's tailored to your needs.

Back