• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

problem 2

Now my husband is 4 weeks out today. I am having a problem with him not exerciseing with me. He has lost 30 lbs. He say he has no strength and is week. He did get on treadmill this morning for 15 mins. But he does nothing else
.And wonders why his weight has stalled. What can I do to get him going. Its like talking to a wall. Lol. God love him. I tell him this is just a tool. Hopefully I can post some pics.
Thanks again
Janet

hi Janet is your husband getting enough protein daily? maybe that is why he feels so weak. I know when my sugar levels are not at a normal level it effects my energy level. just keep encouraging him, you've done really well with your weight loss, he too will succeed one pound at a time.
donna

Thanks Donna he got on scales and did drop another 5 lbs. He was a happy camper. Lol. I told him exercise exercise exercise. Is the biggest thing you can do with the tool u have been given to lose weight.

Four weeks out from surgery is not a long time. He may still feel weak. He is not eating all the calories like he did before surgery to sustain his weight. Give him a little more time. His energy level should pick up a little more each day.

Hi Janet,

30 pounds in 28 days or thereabout is pretty good. Maybe his body is trying to catch up and is in a protective mode. I think your hubby will start exercising when he feels a bit stronger. It might be be a bit early to exercise heavily.

Back