• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Profile pics

Letrell

How do I add a picture to my posts? So people can see what I look like? You know, by my name on the left column where it says stuff about us.

Thanks, ever so.

Letrell

The picture on the left side of your posts is called an Avatar, and you can add/change it by going to Settings up in the top right corner of the page. There should be an option there that says Edit Avatar. Hopefully that helps. Let me know if you have a problem setting it up.

It is a pretty confusing how there is an option for a Profile Picture and an Avatar (and the Avatar is what shows up next to a post), so I'm going to try figuring out how to remove Profile Pics, since nobody really sees those anyways, that way maybe people will start uploading an Avatar. (Then maybe I'll work on changing the "Avatar" name to "Profile Picture")

MY God you are alive after all. I didn't understand your email send me another one so I can have the correct one to send you messsages. I am all well and perkky. I regained 5 of the 7 I lost when I was sick but given the way I am eating I am convinced that it is water weight....sure not the food.

Hey You.

I'm sorry I haven't called you back. I am working now or driving in the mountains where I can't do anything on the phone, or it's 9 o'clock here before I have time to call. But I AM getting your messages. They make me smile and daughter says...CALL PAT BACK. Then we both forget when I get to where I can call. Right now my phone is DEAD. It's charging but I can't get it to turn on. When I figure it out or when hubby gets home and he shows me, I'll call....tonight will probably be too late. I work tomorrow and go in at zero dark thirty so can't talk on the cell. When my office is ready at the prison, I won't even take the phone in with me. They are, for good reason, FORBIDDEN inside the facility.

I haven't sent you any emails. What you got was a hijacking. Someone got into my hotmail account and sent off to everyone. Remember, I use gmail now, so if you get anything from hotmail acct, I didn't send it, just delete it. I changed the password so you shouldn't get any more.

I'll try to remember to call you tomorrow. I have a couple of appointments after work, but I'm home in the evening. I think I just ate too many nachos. My pouch hurts. Owie.

Talk soon, Hon

Hey You.

I'm sorry I haven't called you back. I am working now or driving in the mountains where I can't do anything on the phone, or it's 9 o'clock here before I have time to call. But I AM getting your messages. They make me smile and daughter says...CALL PAT BACK. Then we both forget when I get to where I can call. Right now my phone is DEAD. It's charging but I can't get it to turn on. When I figure it out or when hubby gets home and he shows me, I'll call....tonight will probably be too late. I work tomorrow and go in at zero dark thirty so can't talk on the cell. When my office is ready at the prison, I won't even take the phone in with me. They are, for good reason, FORBIDDEN inside the facility.

I haven't sent you any emails. What you got was a hijacking. Someone got into my hotmail account and sent off to everyone. Remember, I use gmail now, so if you get anything from hotmail acct, I didn't send it, just delete it. I changed the password so you shouldn't get any more.

I'll try to remember to call you tomorrow. I have a couple of appointments after work, but I'm home in the evening. I think I just ate too many nachos. My pouch hurts. Owie.

Talk soon, Hon

Thanks, Pat. I'll be here when I can. The boys are at scout camp for the summer so I have some quiet time that I will spend catching up on everything.

You sound great! I'm so proud of you. How are you doing mentally? You holding up?

Thanks, James. I found it but realized my external hard drive, that I have about 50,000 pictures on is locked and I can't get it open. so I have no images to put up til WD unlocks it for me. Then I'll post. thanks so much.

Letrell-I'm holding up just fine, thank you. I don't think I'm having any issues mentally either but then again I would be the last to know if I was having an issue *LOL* About a month after surgery I was sad a lot and found myself crying over nothing but it passed after 3 weeks or so and it wasn't really that bad to start with. Other than that I'm in good shape for the shape I'm in :)

glad tohear from you all of the emails I have tried to send through gmail won't go through so when you e-mail me I can reply to you and it works. OK what office in what prison, what is your job. I'm so excited to talk to you. If you call me at 7 it will be 10 here but I will wait for your call. I'm amd just so excited to hear from you. Pat has a picture on her profile. I told her shejust looks beautiful and when whe loses her weight it will show more. she is down to 292 from 358 and she is losing it and looks well. I know I am just chatering but I want you to know i am finally back on my feet and feel good and am becoming productive. I lost 7 lbs. while iwas sick but it edged back to 200. I am not going to worry about it I am going to eat healthy and accept what it is for now. at least at this point in time it just is what it is. to catch you up I had a medication reaction and was sickfor a whole month finally got the meds adjusted and I feel good. You can always tell because if I feel good I love to computer or talk on the phone. when I was so sick I did nothing. I had a horrible withdrawal and droppe 8 lbs because I couldn't eat, hot a dn cold sweats anxiety could not articulate I sspend a lot of time in bed and tried to sleep....but now I am up in the morning,myhouse is driving me crazy so I am starting to clean. I am cooking and doing laundry. Now I realize that tht doesn't sound like a big deal but it has taken me a month to get here. I am so looking forward to talking to you and getting and up date on you and your job. talk to you later....pat

I am good. getting back to living and getting things done. It's been a struggle.I was sick almost a month and didn't contact anyone, talk on the phone or use the computer. I really have to contact you through the bariatric site because when I try to use g mail it comes back to me. I wrote you a long explanation about what has been goin on and it shwed up on the site so I am sending the info to you again. I had a reaction to a new med after 3 doses and it thre me into a full blown withdrawal after I stopped after the three doses. we finally have my medication stabilized and I feel good and have the energy to do the things that need to be done. My house suffered the most. There was a period of time that Philip was having to do the laundry and cook. well I am able to do that stuff again and I am ready to start doing some deep cleaning. as far as my weight I lost 8 lbs when I was sick but its bck up to 199 and I am not goig to freak out it is what it is. I am just going to watch what I eat and do the best I can. if mybody is determined to stay in the rangeof197 and 200. so be it I wil survive. I am so loooking forward to talking to you and here aout your job in the prisson. I can relate. I worked in a prison for 5 years and it was interestig to say the least.talk to you later

Thank you Patti. It's not my best picture but at least it's recent. At least you can now put a face to the voice you have been hearing. Glad to hear you are still feeling OK. I was very concerned about you the past month.

Back