• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Pros and cons of covid vaccine?

Tokash

I have the opportunity to sign up to get the vaccine next week. I am really on the fence. A large part 9f me doesnt want it but I also work in person contact 3 days a week and will soon be 5. I am not fearful of getting covid but really do not truest others to stay away if sick....I have no underlying health issues and I'm actually pretty healthy.

My wife and I have both had the 1st vaccine. I experienced no side effects whatsoever. She had a slightly painful area in her shoulder and had cold symptoms for about 8 hours. The 2nd vaccine usually carries more of a hit, so we'll see how that goes sometime between Feb 8-12-ish. Even if the second vaccine has some wicked side effects for a day, I don't really care. I want to be a bit more comfortable around other people, even though social distancing and masks will be a part of our routine for some time, I imagine. I really don't feel this is an action to protect myself, but to be a part of the solution to help others and get us as close to "normal" as we can.

I want to get back to some social normalcy with my family members and friends. Although it will be a while before the vaccine gets to therm, I had no reservations about getting it. There seems to be a lot of paranoia in this country about vaccines and they generally get approved elsewhere much faster, but if people aren't comfortable with it, that's okay.

There is always a risk one way or the other. No matter the vaccine, there are some people who react severely, although it is incredibly rare. Some people who get the vaccine will still get COVID, just like some get the flu or whatever, but in my opinion worth the risk...not that my opinion counts for anything, but that's basically my viewpoint. I want to be a part of getting this under control, and I think the vaccine is a way to do that. Others may not see it that way.

I’m definitely getting the vaccine. I have family that’s extremely high risk and it’s almost guaranteed they’ll die if they get it COVID. My best friend has had both doses. The first one wasn’t bad. The second one she had extreme tiredness, worst headache of her life, and more soreness at the injection site, but it was all gone in less than 12 hours so she slept most of it. I’ve preregistered for it, but my state is last on distribution, so there’s no telling when I’ll get it. I agree with Ryan- if getting the vaccine means getting life moving in the right direction, I want to be part of that.

Same here, I'm preregistered for it and qualified to get it now if only New York had more vaccines. I sure hope the supply of vaccines increase quickly, with these new variants of Covid it is making me nervous. I'd rather take any side effect over getting Covid, but of course hoping the side effects are minimal. I did hear the 2nd shot tends to be worse than the first regarding side effects.

Back