• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Question for the women.

Question for all the women.

I have heard that for a lot of women it is necessary to wear undergarments to hold in the stomach & keep it smooth to look good in clothes. Between buying new clothes as I loose weight and buying undergarments it is going to be expensive (at least for me).

I was thinking about buying a few of the undergarments now even though my surgery is not going to be for a few months (hopefully if the insurance says yes).

Any ideas of what I should buy or where to buy from?

Question for all the women.

I have heard that for a lot of women it is necessary to wear undergarments to hold in the stomach & keep it smooth to look good in clothes. Between buying new clothes as I loose weight and buying undergarments it is going to be expensive (at least for me).

I was thinking about buying a few of the undergarments now even though my surgery is not going to be for a few months (hopefully if the insurance says yes).

Any ideas of what I should buy or where to buy from?
I bought an abdominal binder for $21 on walmart.com. mc kesson brand. sise 62-74 inch waist. Glad I did because no pulling.. thats the only thing I bought though -Amy post op 1 week gastric sleeve

I have tried support undergarments, in the dressing rooms, they were very uncomfortable, so choose not to get them, plus I was afraid they would roll down and not do their job. But that's just me, and I don't think I would buy them ahead of time, exspecially since they are expensive, you don't know what kind of support you will need until you lose the weight. Good luck

I bought a binder from a medical supply store online. I wore it once so far, 2 weeks post op. It relieved my pain at my incisions but overall it was uncomfortable. I think I'll try later when I lose more weight.

Back