• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Questions- carbonated drinks and month long stall

Describe your day, your meals, everything you eat, and when, activity, meditation, positive thinking... Then maybe we can share and compare.

I cut fruit juice with seltzer, on the rocks.

I eat anything I want, 14 years post-op, but normal eating is different now. I segued into a regular daily diet after completing the post-op eating plan, maybe 5 weeks.

I'm 14 mos out and still can't tolerate carbonated beverages. I try one every now and then, but for the most part, I'm over them and just don't do it. I don't miss them anymore.

As far as stalls go. How far along are you? What do you eat over the course of a day/week (be specific)? There is no single thing that restarts weight loss. It almost always comes down to finding the right food and activity combinations that are right for your biology and things will get moving again. Many people will swear by one thing or the other, but there really isn't much magic to it. Our bodies are complex, and when they are going through a change like this, stalls happen and you also may need to make some adjustments to how you are approaching things.

Are you doing any activity (walking, other cardio, weight training, other resistance exercises, etc.) Sometimes not enough activity can slow things down, but too much activity can also slow things down, too. It can be a bit of an experiment.

I'm 14 mos out and still can't tolerate carbonated beverages. I try one every now and then, but for the most part, I'm over them and just don't do it. I don't miss them anymore.

As far as stalls go. How far along are you? What do you eat over the course of a day/week (be specific)? There is no single thing that restarts weight loss. It almost always comes down to finding the right food and activity combinations that are right for your biology and things will get moving again. Many people will swear by one thing or the other, but there really isn't much magic to it. Our bodies are complex, and when they are going through a change like this, stalls happen and you also may need to make some adjustments to how you are approaching things.

Are you doing any activity (walking, other cardio, weight training, other resistance exercises, etc.) Sometimes not enough activity can slow things down, but too much activity can also slow things down, too. It can be a bit of an experiment.
Yes, I agree that it is definitely an experiment especially since our bodies are all so different. I’m 3 months post op and although I have not hit a plateau, I did notice my weight slow around 1.5 months. So I stopped working out and then started losing DOUBLE the amount. Now my weeks fluctuate from losing 1.5-4.5lbs. When I start to notice little weight loss during consecutive weeks then I will probably add back in weekly exercise. Until then I just take casual walks on the weekends here and there.

Back