• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

random acts of kindness

I don't know who or why, but about once a week, I hear a tiny knock on my door and by the time I get there, the person is gone but there's a paper grocery bag full of food sitting there. It's food bank food (I was a frequent visitor to the food bank so I recognize it) but I have no idea who's picking it up and bringing it to me. I don't really need extra food, but there's always stuff in there that I'd never usually buy.

I thought this might make a good thread because in our population, we get a lot of cruelty directed our way.

Has there been a random act of kindness in your life?

I don't know who or why, but about once a week, I hear a tiny knock on my door and by the time I get there, the person is gone but there's a paper grocery bag full of food sitting there. It's food bank food (I was a frequent visitor to the food bank so I recognize it) but I have no idea who's picking it up and bringing it to me. I don't really need extra food, but there's always stuff in there that I'd never usually buy.

I thought this might make a good thread because in our population, we get a lot of cruelty directed our way.

Has there been a random act of kindness in your life?
Whoever is thinking about you and doing this is very sweet and thoughtful. I really with a lot more people would do acts of kindness more often. We do need more of that all around.

Back