• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Read my operative report

Kathi_S

I looked for my operative report last night through my health portal and was actually surprised to find it!

I used to be a medical transcriptionist and typed these reports for a living, so whenever I get anything done, I always try to find the report.

I was very happy to read that my surgery was very boring. The only thing even slightly abnormal were adhesions (scar tissue) from previous gall bladder surgery. They removed those (which will now be replaced with new ones from this surgery LOL).

Anyone else read there operative reports?

I also read all the reports from my hospital stay, from PT, OT, doctors, PA-C, and RNs! Yeah, I'm that nuts.

I just looked to see if I could read mine on the echart. I could it was long and talking about my leak and I didn't remember until I just read this that my blood presser was very low. Now that I read it I do remember them keep taking it and telling me to wake up and them taking it again. They were in all the time bugging for the blood presser.

Also now remember how they didn't want me walking by my self. But I did any way that was when I had no pain.

I looked for my operative report last night through my health portal and was actually surprised to find it!

I used to be a medical transcriptionist and typed these reports for a living, so whenever I get anything done, I always try to find the report.

I was very happy to read that my surgery was very boring. The only thing even slightly abnormal were adhesions (scar tissue) from previous gall bladder surgery. They removed those (which will now be replaced with new ones from this surgery LOL).

Anyone else read there operative reports?

I also read all the reports from my hospital stay, from PT, OT, doctors, PA-C, and RNs! Yeah, I'm that nuts.

I would love to get my hands on mine! Especially my 3rd surgery following VSG. How do I go about trying to get that? I did try "my chart" but it didn't go into those kind of details.

BTW, love your new picture Kathi. How are you doing post-surgery?

I would love to get my hands on mine! Especially my 3rd surgery following VSG. How do I go about trying to get that? I did try "my chart" but it didn't go into those kind of details.

BTW, love your new picture Kathi. How are you doing post-surgery?
Thanks Judy! I am doing really well. I'm back to wonderland! I'm meeting my protein and water goals every day. Managing pain with 3 to 4 oxycodone a day. Tried crushing Tylenol but the taste made me gag. Don't like using the liquid Tylenol because of the high fructose corn syrup (afraid it would give me dumping syndrome). Feeling overall pretty well, well enough to go chase the dog my husband accidentally let out when some clients came to our store today!

Actually, to be honest there was no actual chasing involved. When the dog makes a run for it, he always goes to the same place, I just headed that way, calling his name. He always comes back wearing that "born free" grin, that makes me laugh every time!

I found my report under past appointments, on the day of my surgery. If it's been a while, it might be harder to find, but you can request copies of it.

I always read all of my reports, I guess because I used to type them, and understand the medical terminology, I found it is the best way to get the most information. Just don't let all the Greek and Latin scare you!

I see my surgeon tomorrow for first post-op visit so will get official weight loss number. Thanks for asking. I hope you are feeling better. Been thinking about you.

Thanks Judy! I am doing really well. I'm back to wonderland! I'm meeting my protein and water goals every day. Managing pain with 3 to 4 oxycodone a day. Tried crushing Tylenol but the taste made me gag. Don't like using the liquid Tylenol because of the high fructose corn syrup (afraid it would give me dumping syndrome). Feeling overall pretty well, well enough to go chase the dog my husband accidentally let out when some clients came to our store today!

Actually, to be honest there was no actual chasing involved. When the dog makes a run for it, he always goes to the same place, I just headed that way, calling his name. He always comes back wearing that "born free" grin, that makes me laugh every time!

I found my report under past appointments, on the day of my surgery. If it's been a while, it might be harder to find, but you can request copies of it.

I always read all of my reports, I guess because I used to type them, and understand the medical terminology, I found it is the best way to get the most information. Just don't let all the Greek and Latin scare you!

I see my surgeon tomorrow for first post-op visit so will get official weight loss number. Thanks for asking. I hope you are feeling better. Been thinking about you.
So glad you are doing & feeling so well. The day before surgery I found extra strength tylenol dissolve packs. 32 in the box, berry flavor, no water needed which meant I could take them anytime whether I was eating, drinking, or in between. They were a bit pricey, but they tasted just like pixie stix to me, they didn't give me dumping syndrome, and they helped me stop taking my hydrocodone 2 days early. Not to be taken as medical advice, but they were super helpful.

I saw those online, but figured they must have a lot of sugar. I couldn't find any ingredient list. Maybe I will try those!
Hey Kathi (that's West Virginian for Hi), each dose (1 powder) has 500 mg of Tylenol. Inactive ingredients are citric acid, ethylcellulose, flavor, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, sodium bicarbonate, sucralose, and xylitol. You should've seen my spell checker on some of those.

I only ever took 1 at a time, then waited a couple hours for the next one if I needed it. The sucralose & xylitol didn't cause any intestinal problems for me. I actually found this at my local Kroger's grocery store, somewhere between. $5-7 if I remember correctly. But so worth it for the fairly minor pain I experienced.

Ooooh! So happy for you that you are back to Onderland! Sounds like you really are coming along!!!

Back