• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Recommendations Please

I like Fairlife premade strawberry shakes the best but they are impossible to find so I have been using Unjury strawberry powder to make strawberry lemonade shakes.
I also use Fairlife premade caramel and add a full shake to 8oz decaf coffee and ice and have like a cold coffee drink. I just had some left over shakes I have been doing it with. Fairlife is so hard to find, at least around me.
I used to LOVE Premier premade shakes before surgery but after surgery they are too thick. They are the easiest to find though, so I am thinking about trying to thin them out with some milk or water and try that.

I also use the Bariatric Choice Once Daily Bariatric Multivitamin Capsule with 45 mg of Iron but I am too soon out of surgery to be able to say if it works for me. I also take an additional calcium.

I like Fairlife premade strawberry shakes the best but they are impossible to find so I have been using Unjury strawberry powder to make strawberry lemonade shakes.
I also use Fairlife premade caramel and add a full shake to 8oz decaf coffee and ice and have like a cold coffee drink. I just had some left over shakes I have been doing it with. Fairlife is so hard to find, at least around me.
I used to LOVE Premier premade shakes before surgery but after surgery they are too thick. They are the easiest to find though, so I am thinking about trying to thin them out with some milk or water and try that.

I also use the Bariatric Choice Once Daily Bariatric Multivitamin Capsule with 45 mg of Iron but I am too soon out of surgery to be able to say if it works for me. I also take an additional calcium.
I appreciate you super much!! Thank uuu

I’ve always used Atkins because it doesn’t taste chalky like many protein drinks do and I also find it’s a good balance between healthy without sacrificing the taste. There are other protein drinks out there that have more nutrients in them though than Atkins, I personally needed one I could tolerate and this hands down wins for taste (in my opinion). They have your basic flavors (milk chocolate, vanilla, caramel, strawberry and now they have some of those flavors mixed in with coffee). I use my expresso machine to put a shot decaf in mine. I’d probably be a horrible example on making protein shakes LOL cause I add sugar free syrups, sweetener, creamer, whip cream and caramel to all my protein shakes. Didn’t start out that way of course lol but I’ve been doing it for the past 6 or so months and it’s got the nutrients I need all while tasting like a dessert.

I’ve always used Atkins because it doesn’t taste chalky like many protein drinks do and I also find it’s a good balance between healthy without sacrificing the taste. There are other protein drinks out there that have more nutrients in them though than Atkins, I personally needed one I could tolerate and this hands down wins for taste (in my opinion). They have your basic flavors (milk chocolate, vanilla, caramel, strawberry and now they have some of those flavors mixed in with coffee). I use my expresso machine to put a shot decaf in mine. I’d probably be a horrible example on making protein shakes LOL cause I add sugar free syrups, sweetener, creamer, whip cream and caramel to all my protein shakes. Didn’t start out that way of course lol but I’ve been doing it for the past 6 or so months and it’s got the nutrients I need all while tasting like a dessert.
Love it!!!! Thank you super much!

Oh I found the same with premier and boost. They make me gag. I've been using the keto friendly isopure powders with my own liquids.

I can’t stand any shakes made with Sucralose. The after taste makes me gag. I buy ORGAIN protein powder. It is plant based and made with Stevia. My favorite flavors are peanut butter and chocolate peanut butter.

Attachments

• ABCC6EF8-F378-4B84-AEF1-A90A5ED90F15.jpeg
    ABCC6EF8-F378-4B84-AEF1-A90A5ED90F15.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 26
I use Trader Joe's whey protein shake powder. it comes in vanilla and chocolate powder.

i do this because i don't like stuff people make commercially. i simply don't trust them. i still have a bunch of the protein shakes but they're in my Only-Use-After-Nuclear-Holocaust pantry. I eat normal food every day, like anyone else can eat, but small portions and higher nutritional content. I also take a bunch of supplements four times a day. you can check my profile & pix for more information.

I had my surgery long ago (15th anniversary on August 20) and had a really good team following me. I was also asked to be part of a study at the University of Washington, which monitored my movement and nutrition. I swear, they're vampires. Took 20 tubes of blood once a year. my profile is https://www.americanbariatrics.org/members/dianeseattle.12861/

but it's worth it and your life is in danger every day you are obese.

My program suggested Bariatric Fusion chewable 4X's a day so, that's what I take. When I had my surgery, I used Aldi's brand protein powder to mix up my own protein shake concoctions. But my husband had surgery in February, and he loves the Fairlife. They just ultra-filter, so there is no added protein powder, which can cause gas and cramping in some people. The chocolate tastes just like chocolate milk.

I use Trader Joe's whey protein shake powder. it comes in vanilla and chocolate powder.

i do this because i don't like stuff people make commercially. i simply don't trust them. i still have a bunch of the protein shakes but they're in my Only-Use-After-Nuclear-Holocaust pantry. I eat normal food every day, like anyone else can eat, but small portions and higher nutritional content. I also take a bunch of supplements four times a day. you can check my profile & pix for more information.

I had my surgery long ago (15th anniversary on August 20) and had a really good team following me. I was also asked to be part of a study at the University of Washington, which monitored my movement and nutrition. I swear, they're vampires. Took 20 tubes of blood once a year. my profile is https://www.americanbariatrics.org/members/dianeseattle.12861/

but it's worth it and your life is in danger every day you are obese.
Appreciate you so very much!!!

My program suggested Bariatric Fusion chewable 4X's a day so, that's what I take. When I had my surgery, I used Aldi's brand protein powder to mix up my own protein shake concoctions. But my husband had surgery in February, and he loves the Fairlife. They just ultra-filter, so there is no added protein powder, which can cause gas and cramping in some people. The chocolate tastes just like chocolate milk.
Appreciate you so very much!!!

Back