• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Recovery?

This morning was the worst for me. Lots of pain where my port from the lap band was. My good friend came over and took the drain tube out. Got a shower, washed my hair and got a good walk in. Going out for another walk soon. I got to eat some strained soup for lunch too. It tasted so good after water and protein drink.
I hope your recovery goes well and swiftly. Be patient and prayers will be with you.
Take care, KC
KC, tt, how you doing? How about an update?

I'm new and post op I've been trying different things slowly recently a friend was having a bologna sandwich and I was wondering can I have bologna sandwiches anymore?

yes you will yes you will be able to have bologna sandwich. But when you get to that point you're going to want to use half a slice of bologna and one piece of bread cut into put the bologna between. Don't expect this sippy anything is honey good for you until you are a perhaps a year down the road. And regardless of what it is you want to eat, make sure it is prepared bariatric Lee. I will buy a hamburger and throw away the Buns. Then I just eat the the condiments that are slashed on to the hamburger. I can usually only eat about half of this burger but it definitely is satisfying. The truth is you need anything you want as soon as you can tolerate it. But that is not what you signed up for bariatric surgery to do. I lost my cravings for most of my trigger foods. Can you imagine how wonderful it is to sit in a room full of people eating nachos and pizza and hot fudge sundaes and not wanting to eat any of them? Practice What You each based on the menu that you know and the foods you can tolerate. And make sure you eat tiny portions. And once you're past the uptake, make sure you only eat three times a day. And drink the recommended amount of water do not drink water while you are eating. They do not like it together

MamaBear, how are things going? Are you still scheduled for May 6th?
Sorry I haven’t been on in a while. I have been doing well after my surgery on April 2. All went well. Quite a bit of pain where the port was from the lap band due to so much scar tissue having to be removed. It did take a while to get energy back but walking helps. I have graduated from blended foods to mushy foods. I have a week and a half before I can go to solid foods. Time seems so slow. I do get cravings, but surprisingly not for sweet things anymore. I have detoxed from sugar and I feel so much better. It’s surprising how much sweeter fruit tastes now. This is good.
The journey continues.

MamaBear, how are things going? Are you still scheduled for May 6th?
Sorry I haven’t been on in a while. I have been doing well after my surgery on April 2. All went well. Quite a bit of pain where the port was from the lap band due to so much scar tissue having to be removed. It did take a while to get energy back but walking helps. I have graduated from blended foods to mushy foods. I have a week and a half before I can go to solid foods. Time seems so slow. I do get cravings, but surprisingly not for sweet things anymore. I have detoxed from sugar and I feel so much better. It’s surprising how much sweeter fruit tastes now. This is good.
The journey continues.

I am still scheduled for the 6th. I passed my medical and psyc eval. Found out I have had a mini heart ache before. I am on the pre op liquid diet already. Today is a little bit better then yesterday but I feel as if the weight is melting away just with this diet. I don't have much problems moving around like I did before. It is getting a little easier. My burn is almost gone and the all my doctors are trying to get me in before the surgery and making appointments after as well. They worked so hard to help me get to this point and I am glad to go in and talk to the doctors that has helped me get to this point. They are really rooting for me just like everyone here. I hope you get on more Because I like hearing from everyone. It makes me feel like we are connected through this journey together.

I am still scheduled for the 6th. I passed my medical and psyc eval. Found out I have had a mini heart ache before. I am on the pre op liquid diet already. Today is a little bit better then yesterday but I feel as if the weight is melting away just with this diet. I don't have much problems moving around like I did before. It is getting a little easier. My burn is almost gone and the all my doctors are trying to get me in before the surgery and making appointments after as well. They worked so hard to help me get to this point and I am glad to go in and talk to the doctors that has helped me get to this point. They are really rooting for me just like everyone here. I hope you get on more Because I like hearing from everyone. It makes me feel like we are connected through this journey together.
❤️

Back