• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

REGAIN SUPPORT MEAL PREP SUNDAY 9/24

work breakfasts are usually profees. i have protein powder in my desk so i just bring a cup of cold coffee in a shaker cup. i also plan on making chaffles using devotion protein and sugar free syrup (thinking about making a bunch and freezing them for easy meal prep). tomorrow going to prep enough lunches for monday thru wednesday. then on wedneday ill prep lunches for thursday and friday. i do not like prepping for the entire week. stuff gets old and isnt as fresh. weekends i am home so i can quickly make something.

i am going to make

2 italian chopped salads: lean deli ham, turkey pepperoni, chopped romaine, chopped bell pepper, chopped tomato, olives, and either part skim mozzarella or diced provelone cheese. dressing will be light italian

2 sushi bowl: shrimp, avocado, cucumber, cauli-rice, everything bagel seasoning. i am going to mix equal parts of non fat greek yogurt and mayo and add a little siracha. will add this on top.

2 taco cottage cheese bowls: (to use up rest if extra taco meat) blended cottage cheese, taco meat, salsa, lettuce, lowfat cheese, diced onion

1 bariatirc lunchable: hardboiled egg/everything bagel seasoning, deli meat rolled up with whipped cream cheese, more everything bagel seasoning and bell pepper strips, ranch cottage cheese dip (blended cottage cheese with ranch powder), diced cucumber.

dinners:
i bought a package of 99 percent lean ground turkey. going to take 1/2 and make chicken crust pizza (2 dinners). the other half i will be making turkey burgers on lettuce bun with other veggies (2 meals). i have my airfryer coming tommorrow. i will be making salmon or swai in the air fryer. either will have steamed veggies or salad with this. also have realgood foods chicken strips/nuggets. for 2 nights i will throw those in the airfryer. one night i will mix them with zero carb franks hot sauce (boneless buffalo wings) and eat with celery sticks and hidden valley light ranch. the other night i will dip in sugar free bbq and have a side of cheesy cauliflower. might do another night of italian chopped salad for dinner during the week as an option too if not in the mood for the other planned meals.

I eat overnight oats every single morning. This week flavor is banana nut bread.
2 mashed ripe bananas, approx a cup of Greek yogurt, 2C oatmeal approx 2 C milk, a handful of walnuts. Lasts me about a week.

Lunches this week are going to be chicken salad and crackers. I make chicken salad with onion, celery, grapes or apples, nuts and I use half Greek yogurt for the mayo. The rest of the days will probably be turkey and Swiss wraps.

My NY resolution was to make 1 new recipe a week. This week is a Tikki Masala. That will last 2 days. Guineas Stew & Colcannon the next 2. Pork Chalupa for 2. And I'm making a ham tonight so that will cover Monday as well.

I literally cannot stand trying to figure out what to eat all the time. So, I made a menu spreadsheet years ago. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and 2 snacks. There's an attached grocery list so I print both out and I'm good to go for a whole week! If I'm not in the mood for a lunch or a snack, I can change it. (That's usually where the trouble comes in lol)

Overall, this system works best for me.

I eat overnight oats every single morning. This week flavor is banana nut bread.
2 mashed ripe bananas, approx a cup of Greek yogurt, 2C oatmeal approx 2 C milk, a handful of walnuts. Lasts me about a week.

Lunches this week are going to be chicken salad and crackers. I make chicken salad with onion, celery, grapes or apples, nuts and I use half Greek yogurt for the mayo. The rest of the days will probably be turkey and Swiss wraps.

My NY resolution was to make 1 new recipe a week. This week is a Tikki Masala. That will last 2 days. Guineas Stew & Colcannon the next 2. Pork Chalupa for 2. And I'm making a ham tonight so that will cover Monday as well.

I literally cannot stand trying to figure out what to eat all the time. So, I made a menu spreadsheet years ago. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and 2 snacks. There's an attached grocery list so I print both out and I'm good to go for a whole week! If I'm not in the mood for a lunch or a snack, I can change it. (That's usually where the trouble comes in lol)

Overall, this system works best for me.
your meals sound fantastic!! YUMMM!!!!!! spreadsheet sounds like a great idea!! might try that!!

Since surgery, I try to eat quality food that tastes good. Processed foods really don't sit well. So, if I have to make food anyway, it may as well be good. And cooking at home, I can season to MY taste.

Another bonus is, I make extra of foods that freeze well. So some days when I'm like "NO COOKING!!" I can pull a ready to eat meal out of the freezer.

It takes time but once you do it, it just becomes habit.

For example, next time you make ground turkey, make a double batch. Same amount of time and then you have a second batch to freeze for turkey chili in the slow cooker next week. Or month.

doing good thanks to meal prep. today i am finishing up the second of the italian chopped salad. tonight i will make 2 sushi bowls for thursday and friday. weekends at home are much easier as i have time to prepare something. i have stuff for another chopped salad, sushi bowl or a lunchable as the taco meat is gone. Chopped salad really is good! i think its going to be a regular menu item. the realfoods chicken strips are okay but nice to have in a bind when i dont feel like cooking.

Last edited:
tonight i will make 2 sushi bowls

Hi lisa, how do you make a sushi bowl? I love sushi and sashimi and am lucky to live in a town on big salt water and nothing but fresh fish. In fact, my Japanese grocery store keeps its live fish in a huge aquarium so customers can pick out their particular fish. And Puget Sound tuna is awesome, so it's my favorite whenever I buy sashimi. So what do you put in your sushi bowl and how do you prepare it?

TIA.

diane

Hi lisa, how do you make a sushi bowl? I love sushi and sashimi and am lucky to live in a town on big salt water and nothing but fresh fish. In fact, my Japanese grocery store keeps its live fish in a huge aquarium so customers can pick out their particular fish. And Puget Sound tuna is awesome, so it's my favorite whenever I buy sashimi. So what do you put in your sushi bowl and how do you prepare it?

TIA.

diane
I am missing Seattle's seafood for sure!!

TIA.

diane
Diane,
i am so jealous. Would love to have access to all of that wonderful fresh seafood.
here is the recipe i went with but adjusted it. i didnt use the edamame (didnt have it on hand), imitation crab, or the carrot. i used shrimp. next time i will bake some salmon and use that. would also like to add the edamame too (added to my shopping list).

if you have nori sheets you can also make low carb sushi. one uses cauliflower rice and one does not. you can use reduced fat cream cheese to reduce the fat on the one with the cauliflower rice. often times i will take keto recipes and adapt them by substituting lower fat items in the ingredients.

Back