• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Remakes

I'm with you on 3:10 to Yuma. Geez, it's so weird that we've applauded two modern films with Western settings and themes, although both of them took place on the cusp of the 20th century. When I tuned in to the John Wayne version of True Grit a little while back, I was stunned by the incredible violence of it, just in the town scenes in the beginning, not to mention the HORRIBLE acting, that standard stage fighting and falling down stuntmen were taught in those days.

Now, this isn't a remake and I'm not sure how many remakes I've seen (I generally avoid them, and sequels), but The Empire Strikes Back was WAY better than Star Wars and Return of the Jedi was just a joke. Did I see that someone is remaking E.T.? "Phone home, oh, wait, I have my cell phone in the folds of my skin here..." That would be a mistake.
E.T. Remake I hope not ! I stopped watching Star Wars after the 3rd one I don’t remember why

I'm dreading the remake of Call of the Wild and I didn't care for the first one. That book gave me nightmares as a child, because of Jack London's graphic descriptions of the abuse of dogs. I swear, sometimes I love dogs more than people. Anyway, I'm not going to see it. I still have my original, ratty hardcover from 4th grade. It's hard to read.
I’m planning on seeing The Call of the Wild just because I like Harrison Ford and it actually looks decent

Do you know of a remake that was better than the original? Offhand all I can think of was Footloose I liked the remake much better than the original. If I think of anymore I’ll post them
I would say Les Miserables and A Star is Born (the most recent two)... I did like the new Mary Poppins, but I did not really feel that was a remake per se, but more a sequel?

Even though I am a HUGE Frank Sinatra fan and LOVE the Rat Pack, I like the remade Ocean's Eleven better than the original. I think it is simply because of the technological world we live in. The original just seems to easy to pull off. The remake, not as easy :)

Back