• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Revision done Monday 12/17/18

Good morning everyone. I’m new to all of this, but feel it will be a positive tools to help oSooooo, I finally had the local surgeon refer me to another surgeon in Fargo, ND for a second opinion! From the moment I met this Dr, I KNEW he was going to be spectacular!!!? That was in August. He was incredible. Never once did he open up my chart, yet he knew every detail about me!! That really made me happy. He could see I had massive reflux, as well as heartburn issues, but we’d have to jump they. Few “hoops for insurance.” They placed a bravo capsule down in my esophagus It measures the acidity in the stuff that comes out.

Once official results came back, insurance approved it within about 19!! he had me schedule right away. Amazing surgeon for for sure!!!

Any suggestions of different things I can puree to eat?? I’m just at a loss for thing to make, and don’t wa r
So thanks for readingg my long Book of a story. Sorry to be so windy with talks.

Congrats on the revision, what does that mean exactly? Did you go from nothing to an RnY or did you have the sleeve and change over to the RnY?

Anyway, as far as foods to puree to eat, I didn't do too much, just changed out types of soups and blended in the unflavored protein powder to hit my protein goals for the day. Every once in awhile I would also puree a protein smoothie of yogurt and fresh fruit with the protein powder to change things up a bit. I think others probably did more than I did as I mostly went from liquids to semi solids by the time I could eat anything somewhat normal. I hope you find something that works for you!

I had a sleeve gastrectomy last year. Actually a year ago tomorrow. Had non stop complications. So revised to a bypass. So I did not have the Roux en Y, because my stomach was already gone, but same principal. Just a basic bypass more like they used to do.
Thank you for the help. I got my big container of unflavored protein powder last night. Gonna make a couple soups, and some jello today with that. I love the unflavored isopure. You can drink it in water and not taste it. Can’t beat that.
Hope everything goes well with you!! Have a very Merry Christmas!!

Keri

Back