• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Revision in four days- pre- op liquid diet is killing me

The liquid diet is relatively new. I had my surgery 16 years ago and my surgeon met with me, suggested the surgery, checked his calendar and realized he was going on vacation in a couple of weeks. He filled out some federal paperwork and scheduled me for about 9 days later. I had hardly any time to get nervous and spent my time studying foods I'd use in my post-op liquid diet, then the soft phase, the semi-solid phase and the solid phase. It was all really fast, as was my post op weight loss. Like you, I lost a lot of weight, but I made sure I kept at the correct amounts and types of foods to make the weight keep coming off, so I lost 115 pounds in 14 months. I've mostly kept it off all this time. This was because I absolutely refused to buy larger clothes. Once I got into my size 9s, there was no way I was ever going to buy a larger size.

My suggestion is to stay in touch with your dietician and any written instructions you get, and STICK TO IT. As bad as you feel right now, let that be your constant reminder of how painful it can be to go back to Square One.

Best of luck.

Back