• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Revision is actually happening!

SHERIE

Hi folks, well I finally have a schedule date for revision and keeping feeling like I want to back out although the options are really there for me to do so and I am scared to death. Here is what I know will be happening...Good luck to all who are going to have surg. and start on their lifes's new adventure! Thanks to all who have given me words of wisdom and support! So without further ado here it is:

They know some of what they will be doing and said they will have to see the rest when they crack me open. What they do know they will do to me is total revision...not of Fobi but RNY (I am still asking questions about why this procedure as I hear it the success rate is lower than 80% for long term), cut the stricture from my intestine and put 6-8 new inches of new intestine, work on the ulcers, clean out old scar tissue and the small hernia that is also present. I will be on a feeding tube for 4-6 weeks after. They are going to have to do another full open (3rd one) since they also need to get pretty invasive and I have WAY too much scar tissue. They tell me my leakage rate is going way up along with other complications....can you fill me in on what they have told you so far and what you are looking at? I am getting more calm about this but still have my panic moments when I want to back out...yet I know I can not continue to live like this and this quality of life. I will be starting at 200#s...I have also been told that one doesn't lose very much with a revision...still checking on this though. I mean REALLY to have to go through all the pain and not lose weight..give me a break!!!! LOL Hope to hear back from ya soon

Sherie, so how did you do and how are you now doing? What happened that you needed a revision, what was your original surgery and where was it perfomed? Was it an open surgery or laportomy surgery originally? Had you had multiple abdominal surgeries previous to your Weight Loss surgery? Hope you are doing fine now!!

Back