• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

right sided back pain

pjb

I am 4 months out now. I have been having rather severe, intermittent, dull pain on the right side of my mid-back. My husband tells me that back pain was what I complained about in recovery after the rny. After the first 3 weeks it subsided some But its back and worse. Comes and goes thruout the day. Worse when sitting or standing. Bad enough that I have to stop what I am doing and try to relieve it. Sometimes bending forward helps. I am miserable sitting in a car or at home trying to watch tv. Any ideas? This started with the surgery.

Is it related at all to anything you eat? Do you still have a gall bladder? I know I developed gall stones after surgery and after losing some weight which is common but if I am careful I seem to do OK. Might pay to check into it. I could not take the medication that prevents this from happening.

My opinion,you need a Cat Scan of your abdomen,maybe a gauze or instrument left behind. Probably not but must be ruled out. That pain is not normal.

Back