• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Runny Nose

Nume48

I am 12 years post op gastric bypass surgery. After the surgery I started having and continue to have constant runny nose. It is embarrassing! At times I lean over and it pours out. It is also happens when I overeat.
Has anyone had this symptom? If so have you found a solution?

Same here. Never had a runny nose prior to surgery. But 7 days post op and I'm on my second box of tissues. Hubby is worried about covid. But I think it's probably just an allergic reaction to something... I hope...wait...gotta. run. Get. Tissue...I have to admit it's becoming annoying. I will ask my surgeon at my post op visit. This is so odd.

I have a slight post nasal drip just from my left nostril from time to time. It’s only since surgery, so I think it’s the same thing that happens to people. It doesn’t bother me much, but I’ll still probably bring it up at my next appointment.

One issue I did not have, but it is really unusual and seems to be pervasive with a number of people. Weird. Hubby's probably don't need to think it's Covid, probably would be much worse than a runny nose or asymptomatic. It is Spring/Summer so allergies??

I have had serious air borne irritant problems for many years. Normally it is instant sinus infection. i also have a cpap for sleep. Some mornings after I take off the mask. I will lean over to put my shoes on and I get serious drips from my nose. It is definitely better than not being able to breathe through clotted nose goop. After I use tissue it dries up and I am good

I too have the runny nose issue. Not terrible and not all the time, but I notice it more after a meal. I also developed a "tick" of sneezing when I get to my "full" point. It's literally like a tickle just under my breastbone that goes all the way to my nose and causes me to sneeze. Usually have a runny nose for 30 min - 1 hour after a meal.

Back