• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

RX weight loss drugs

mkscsr

Has anyone taken any of the new(er) weight loss drugs; and if so, what were the results, side effects? The drugs are Belviq (Lorcaserin) and Qysmia, and Contrave (most recent one to hit the market). If you used, did your insurance cover it?

You might try asking your question on Google. Most everyone on this forum has had surgery or is having surgery, or is interested in surgery for their obesity. If weight loss pills had helped them lose weight successfully then they wouldn't be interested in surgery.

Good luck,

Cheyenne

Thanks, Cheyenne, More than anything, congratulations to you.you have had incredible weight loss. Wonderful news for you.

Thanks, Cheyenne, More than anything, congratulations to you.you have had incredible weight loss. Wonderful news for you.

Thanks so much! I have more to lose but even now I feel like a normal person, it's so wonderful to sit in a chair and I fit easily. It's easier to walk, to shop, and even to breathe. Life is good again. :)

Best Regards,

Cheyenne :cool:

Yes, we are all past weight loss pills and drugs. For all of us her THEY DIDN'T WORK LONG TERM!!!!!!!!!

This surgery helps us change our lifestyle.

You have a year or so to learn the new lifestyle.

Can you defeat the surgery, yes. Many people have gone back to their old habits. You wonder why they even went through the surgery to begin with????

Anyway, most of us her are all doing well and are approaching our goal weight and/or maintaining and living a newer healthier lifestyle without the needs for any medications.

Ralph

Surgery is a tool that helps you on so many levels to lose and maintain weight loss, a healthy lifestyle and a way to get ALL of the weight loss dynamics working together as a team..

I was put on "diet" pills as a young child. Thanks to the stimulant effect I was put on valium at night in order to sleep.... The long term effects of any stimulant is far worse than being over weight.. Think about the recent Phen-Fen issues that have left people with long term life altering disabilities...

Pills are not nor are they a cure all, fix all end all.

Weight lose has to be an all encompassing therapy that works on all levels of the human Mind, body and spirit..

Keep in mind there are people who will not take the Tools from WLS and use them.

Like many people feel most believe pills are magic fix all Many people feel and believe Weight Loss Surgery is a magic cure.. Its not it a tool that each individual has to learn to use and work with..

Last edited:
Back