• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Salutations for the Big Apple!

iknights90

Hello Everyone,

My name is Indy Im from Nyc and I'm new to this lol, I am embarking on a journey to self betterment, health and happniess. I've struggled with my weight all of my life and at one point i was happy with the way i was but it turned out i was just settling and being complacent but no longer. I'm sick and tired of being teased and belittled for my weight as well as being sick(hypertension), i want to be healhty and happy and feel truly sexy for the first time in my life. So at the ripe ol' age of 26 i have decided to have weight loss surgery (Gastric Bypass). I know what you're thinking, 'she's 26 and young why not just try diet and exercise' Well I've tried that and I've failed several times and the first step to getting better is admitting you have a problem and i did, i have a problem with food and i needed help so i reached out for it. Now I'm in the process of taking the steps needed to getting the surgery done, I've done almost all of my testing and i go back for my second appointment in Oct to find out my surgery date. I can't deny that I'm nervous but I've done my research and i know what to expect but i am human and its natural to be a little scared lol. So this is my story, well at least part of it anyways lol hope i can makes some friends on here to help me through this and that can relate to life pre and post op

Congratulations on taking this big step in your life Indy, and welcome to the forum! I believe you will find a lot of helpful advice and info on our forum from people who are in a similar situation as you. I applaud you for making this decision, as it is not an easy one! Don't ever let anyone tell you how you should be living your life. You know better than anyone else what is the right decision for you and your body. Congrats again, and thanks for joining! I look forward to hearing all about your weight loss journey :)

Back