• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Scale stalling

Hello Christine- Everyone is different, but I stalled at exactly 3 months. It sounds common. Your body is taking a breather. Watch your inches lost at this time. I've gone down a whole clothing size without the scale moving.
Thank you soo much for replying I feel betterth
Just keep going. Did it to me also, its not a big deal. You got this!
ank you

I sure wish I knew the answer I’m three and half months out and on an eight week stall but I’ve lost 62 pounds and inches! I decided to change my exercise up a little and the weight is moving now! I think we have to be patient and ensure we are measuring everything and logging what we are consuming hey I wish you the very best and hopefully that stall will move! Otherwise enjoy your life and embrace where you are now

Hello ladies, I know the pain the it is when stalling starts..... I have been stalling for at least 2 months, I this point I and afraid I will not reach my goal of 100 lbs by 12-31-19 :( I change my intake but I get hungry, sometimes I think that my stomach is big again......any suggestions

Hello ladies, I know the pain the it is when stalling starts..... I have been stalling for at least 2 months, I this point I and afraid I will not reach my goal of 100 lbs by 12-31-19 :( I change my intake but I get hungry, sometimes I think that my stomach is big again......any suggestions

Hi and welcome! Approaching the 100 pound mark? That's incredible, congratulations!!! :)

Can I ask when you had surgery and which one you had?

I'd doubt your pouch has "stretched" any. I'm 9 months out from RNY (Roux-en-Y gastric bypass) and notice that I seem to have small pouch days and large pouch days where I don't feel full with the same amount of food. No logical reason, could eat the same exact things. The body is mysterious. Are you measuring/weighing your food?

Yes it's completely normal. I wish they didn't call this a weight-loss surgery, becuase it puts too much emphasis on weight-loss; when it should be called a weight management surgery. This is a long term investment in yourself, and your health. This shouldn't be about "reaching a goal." That's great if you do. But you can reach a "goal weight" without having a surgery. That's not the reason why we did this surgery. If it is your motivation for having this surgery, your therapist should've never approved you for this. Maintaining a healthy weight for the rest of your life, and never going back to morbid obesity, is a much bigger accomplishment. And that's why insurance pays for this surgery. They don't pay for this surgery, for you drop 100lbs by the end of the year, only to gain it all back 3 years later.

how far are you from your GOAL
Well I am about 70 lbs away. I am very happy I had this done, my life and health has changed 100% and I look forward to growing older with less fear of HB or high levels of sugar, not to mention it runs in my family and being over weight makes it worst. I am working on reaching the mark and will work even harder after I get there for my well being

Hi and welcome! Approaching the 100 pound mark? That's incredible, congratulations!!! :)

Can I ask when you had surgery and which one you had?

I'd doubt your pouch has "stretched" any. I'm 9 months out from RNY (Roux-en-Y gastric bypass) and notice that I seem to have small pouch days and large pouch days where I don't feel full with the same amount of food. No logical reason, could eat the same exact things. The body is mysterious. Are you measuring/weighing your food?
I had my surgery on 3-28-19 and I had a VSG, very happy with my surgery

Yes it's completely normal. I wish they didn't call this a weight-loss surgery, becuase it puts too much emphasis on weight-loss; when it should be called a weight management surgery. This is a long term investment in yourself, and your health. This shouldn't be about "reaching a goal." That's great if you do. But you can reach a "goal weight" without having a surgery. That's not the reason why we did this surgery. If it is your motivation for having this surgery, your therapist should've never approved you for this. Maintaining a healthy weight for the rest of your life, and never going back to morbid obesity, is a much bigger accomplishment. And that's why insurance pays for this surgery. They don't pay for this surgery, for you drop 100lbs by the end of the year, only to gain it all back 3 years later.
I need to reach my weight to be able to maintain, my therapist approved because I am mentally fit for the surgery, but before maintaining I need to set a GOAL and reach. Before this surgery I was losing weight and gaining, which is not good for your heart and the older you get the more difficult it is to lose weight, it would be that simple as to lose it and don’t gain it, then we would not be on this forum. I joined to hear positive, encouraging and good advise not to see someone lecture me and second guest the professional that worked with me in this journey

I need to reach my weight to be able to maintain, my therapist approved because I am mentally fit for the surgery, but before maintaining I need to set a GOAL and reach. Before this surgery I was losing weight and gaining, which is not good for your heart and the older you get the more difficult it is to lose weight, it would be that simple as to lose it and don’t gain it, then we would not be on this forum. I joined to hear positive, encouraging and good advise not to see someone lecture me and second guest the professional that worked with me in this journey
That was not my intention. And people here know I'm all about positivity. I apologize that you took it as a negative. It wasn't. But try not to focus on the number on the scale. This is for the long term. It's like checking your 401K. You will drive yourself crazy if you check it every single day. But the best thing to do is stay the course. Know that in the long run you will benefit.

Back