• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Scaling down to onederland

KarenWV

I wanted to share my happy news with my online friends, w/o sounding like I'm bragging. Pre-surgery starting weight was 234 one week before surgery. My weekly weigh-in at home this morning was...200.0!!! 1 lb away from onederland!

OMG I cannot believe this. A lot of my wt loss success is due to my good friends here. Thank y'all so much for all of your support & encouragement for everyone here. It's the gift that keeps on giving! ❤❤

I wanted to share my happy news with my online friends, w/o sounding like I'm bragging. Pre-surgery starting weight was 234 one week before surgery. My weekly weigh-in at home this morning was...200.0!!! 1 lb away from onederland!

OMG I cannot believe this. A lot of my wt loss success is due to my good friends here. Thank y'all so much for all of your support & encouragement for everyone here. It's the gift that keeps on giving! ❤❤
Are we there yet?

I stepped on my scale this morning and . . . Onederland is here!!! 198.6!!! OMG I know NSVs are so important too, but there is something so satisfying to see those numbers in black & white. Of course I cut my nails, shaved my head (& everything else), and blew my nose half a dozen times to get here.

Thanks for y'all's support and encouragement throughout my journey so far.

Fantastic Karen!!!
It is downhill from here (sort of, well at least onederland)

Totally agree about seeing the numbers in black & white, it keeps me honest. One time I was beating myself up about a 5lb increase a few months ago, then when I got my fat @$$ of the scale it wasn't 5 it was more like 9!!!!! I was hiding from myself. Admittedly I think I have a scale habit, but after avoiding it and avoiding my own reality for so many years, I need to face the scale's truth. I don't blow my nose 6 times, but THAT'S A GOOD IDEA, might be worth .4lbs or something.

Back