• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Scaling down to onederland

I wanted to share my happy news with my online friends, w/o sounding like I'm bragging. Pre-surgery starting weight was 234 one week before surgery. My weekly weigh-in at home this morning was...200.0!!! 1 lb away from onederland!

OMG I cannot believe this. A lot of my wt loss success is due to my good friends here. Thank y'all so much for all of your support & encouragement for everyone here. It's the gift that keeps on giving! ❤❤
I haven’t been on here for a while but congrats, omg that’s so exciting!! Im right behind you. My last weigh in was 202.2lbs. I started at 260 just three months ago when I had gastric sleeve. Oh and it’s okay to brag cause this is a HUGE accomplishment ;)!

I haven’t been on here for a while but congrats, omg that’s so exciting!! Im right behind you. My last weigh in was 202.2lbs. I started at 260 just three months ago when I had gastric sleeve. Oh and it’s okay to brag cause this is a HUGE accomplishment ;)!
Omg you've done such an amazing job! Yes, bragging is allowed, and even encouraged here bc we all know how much mental and physical struggling we've all endured to get this far.

Congratulations for staying on track so far. I"m struggling a bit but will not let a few setbacks determine my outcome!

Omg you've done such an amazing job! Yes, bragging is allowed, and even encouraged here bc we all know how much mental and physical struggling we've all endured to get this far.

Congratulations for staying on track so far. I"m struggling a bit but will not let a few setbacks determine my outcome!
Absolutely! It’s so nice to have others to relate to who have experienced some of the same things you have especially being on this huge emotional roller coaster. And staying on track to me has more so been an over all life style change but yet I still make sure to enjoy certain foods that I did before that aren’t exactly considered healthy lol. Today I actually got myself a diet frosted lemonade from Chikfila and had 3/4 of it (gave rest to my daughter). It was delicious & although I had a little guilt about it at first, my husband reminded me that these special little treats are perfectly fine to have every now and then. In my opinion I think it’s a good idea to adapt to something you can stick with. Cutting certain food groups out like carbs, fruits etc for a yr is a diet and that’s not what my body needs. I try to live realistically as far as what I can eat. I don’t count calories, protein etc bc again that just isn’t a way of life FOR ME. It works for so many but only YOU know yourself best and what will work. I wish you the very best on this life changing but amazing journey :)

Thank you again everyone for all of your kind words. It's so exciting to find out how well everyone else is doing here.

Just a quick update. I did my weekly Monday weigh-in, and I'm still in one-derland. I lost another 1.2 lbs this week, down a total of 36.6 lbs so far, and current weight is 197.4. Yay Woohoo!

I'm about ready to buy some new clothes, but I'm so comfortable with wearing everything loose that I keep putting it off. I don't want to invest too much until I'm closer to my goal weight (150). I cannot sew other than some simple mending & stitching I learned in Girl Scouts. Guess I'll try Goodwill for now.

You wi
Thank you again everyone for all of your kind words. It's so exciting to find out how well everyone else is doing here.

Just a quick update. I did my weekly Monday weigh-in, and I'm still in one-derland. I lost another 1.2 lbs this week, down a total of 36.6 lbs so far, and current weight is 197.4. Yay Woohoo!

I'm about ready to buy some new clothes, but I'm so comfortable with wearing everything loose that I keep putting it off. I don't want to invest too much until I'm closer to my goal weight (150). I cannot sew other than some simple mending & stitching I learned in Girl Scouts. Guess I'll try Goodwill for now.
You will get to the point where clothes are literally falling off of you and then that means you definitely need to start shopping for new clothes lol. I’m down around 60lbs now and will be shopping for a new wardrobe for the fall/winter months. I started in a size 18 so it will be nice not having such a difficult time finding pants that fit. Have fun shopping!

You wi

You will get to the point where clothes are literally falling off of you and then that means you definitely need to start shopping for new clothes lol. I’m down around 60lbs now and will be shopping for a new wardrobe for the fall/winter months. I started in a size 18 so it will be nice not having such a difficult time finding pants that fit. Have fun shopping!
Thank you for that vote of confidence. And congratulations on being down 60 lbs. That is so cool! I am torn between waiting until I'm able to buy size large, after starting out in 2XL, or just getting a few things now for fall/winter to get through til next spring.

When I was in that in between phase of not done losing but still down enough I needed new clothes, I bought a few things in basic black or grey. I was working in public so needed to look professional. A few cardigan/blazer type sweaters that I could switch out over black pants and tees was my go-to. Cardigans are nice because you can wear them large so they will look nice a little longer than other type clothes. Just a thought to carry you through those in between phases.

I wanted to share my happy news with my online friends, w/o sounding like I'm bragging. Pre-surgery starting weight was 234 one week before surgery. My weekly weigh-in at home this morning was...200.0!!! 1 lb away from onederland!

OMG I cannot believe this. A lot of my wt loss success is due to my good friends here. Thank y'all so much for all of your support & encouragement for everyone here. It's the gift that keeps on giving! ❤❤
Brag all you want, you earned it!!

When I was in that in between phase of not done losing but still down enough I needed new clothes, I bought a few things in basic black or grey. I was working in public so needed to look professional. A few cardigan/blazer type sweaters that I could switch out over black pants and tees was my go-to. Cardigans are nice because you can wear them large so they will look nice a little longer than other type clothes. Just a thought to carry you through those in between phases.
Thanks for that great idea. A few mix & match should get me by until I start to stabilize toward the end of my major wt loss.

Back