• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Second Week Post Op and I have a UTI.

fbwash

Man, i just feel like I'm not getting any breaks. I'm still taking my high blood pressure meds but this week I've been diagnosed with a Urinary Tract Infection, which can be very painful. I've had it twice before in a span of 12 years and just getting it now as my body is trying to heal from the Gastric Sleeve Surgery I have. I just feel like i'm wading thru sludge and i fell tired but can't sleep.
I got my prescription of antibiotics and they should last till Monday.
I just want to get my energy back - I'm still doing shakes and drinking a lot of water with Crystal Light.
Taking my vitamins and trying to keep the engine running.
Seeing my surgeon today for the two week post-op visit and the ball keeps rolling :)

Man, i just feel like I'm not getting any breaks. I'm still taking my high blood pressure meds but this week I've been diagnosed with a Urinary Tract Infection, which can be very painful. I've had it twice before in a span of 12 years and just getting it now as my body is trying to heal from the Gastric Sleeve Surgery I have. I just feel like i'm wading thru sludge and i fell tired but can't sleep.
I just want to get my energy back - I'm still doing shakes and drinking a lot of water with Crystal Light.
Seeing my surgeon today for the two week post-op visit and the ball keeps rolling :)

Hope you feel better soon!

Sounds like you are doing all the right things taking your meds and drinking fluids. Just rest and let your body heal and recover.

Good Luck!

Cheyenne :cool:

What medication did you take for youUTI? I just was diagnosed with it today

If they Cathed you that’s probably why you got one! I told them not to because I always get one. I feel for you! There awful. Just try to get some rest and let your meds work. I don’t know if you can or not, but my dr let’s me take azo on top because it helps so much!! Ask your dr about it. You can get it at Walmart!

We have a UTI is often the result of yeast getting into your urethra. When they push a catheter in there, they push yeast right up there close to your bladder. You can get relief by using a yeast infection medication, but use it topically kind of swish it around in that General vicinity and in your vagina. But doctors know this to so make sure that you get some medication, I think sulfa drugs, before you leave the hospital.

Back