• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Several Question for the Bariatrically experienced

These questions are for the Bariatric Experienced Members...

Is the Pouch test an end all, be all answer when you hit a plateau?

What has been the best way in your personal experience to jump the plateau hump?

Does increasing your protein grams for a day or two work?

Does adding time to your workout routine help?

Does changing up the type of exercise such as adding time to strength training vs adding time to cardio help?

Pouch test can help, but it's not the absolute. Big list of things to check, suuch as food intake, types of food you are eating, water intake, exercise and intensity, and where you are at post op just to name a few. Wow it can be complicated and usually many things adding up to weight loss stalls. Oh and too much stress will do it too. So relax, keep a diary/ journal of day-to-day stuff to know where you are at. Too hard and too much to just try and remember everything.

I agree. Journal everything. I found a great website to do this.

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/account/index.php

Now that is my website account. It should default for you back to a page that asks you to register.

I journal everything on this site, food, water, activity and weight. It is a terrific site for tracking your progress. You can also blog and leave comments on your weight history gram.

What I have found is stalls are part of WLS. There is no way that at some point you won't hit a stall. Don't panic, it will pass. I personally weigh my food, still. I didn't log my food all the time, but when the stalls came I started to just to ensure I was taking in the proper amount of protein, carbs, fats, sugar and calories. I was, so I just kept doing what I was doing. I am not a fast loser and that was okay with me. All the things you mentioned are things that can help a stall. I think the one that just came naturally is I became more active. It was not as hard to move around the smaller I became. I see your surgery is this week. Try to live in the now. Get through the surgery, recover, try to get your fluids and vitamins in. Focus on where you are. You will learn as you go what you will need to do. Sending out healing energy for your upcoming surgery. You are already a success.

Back