• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Sleeved 2016

Elmc60

I had the sleeve done in Oct 2016, from 260 to 149 to today 187, I'm fluctuating between 179 and 187. My exercise is up, but I still can not seem to keep food down. I have a hiatal hernia, everything seems to get stuck. I cannot eat the chicken that was my mainstay before surgery, I know weird. What can I try that won't hurt and come back up.

Thank you, would if I could, gave up insurance just after surgery, when my husband had an accident at work which forced him into retirement. we could no longer afford $800. a month. depression due to the loss of a grandchild to suicide 7 days after surgery also affected my progress, although I did loose quie a bit. I'm 4 years out now.
You have my sympathies. My hospital has a charitable care program. It paid the 20% my insurance didn't, and still covers all follow-up related to RYGB.

GET YOUR HERNIA fixed first. Then look for a sliding-scale fee mental health clinic and put yourself in caring hands.

You've gone through a lot that's outside your control. Let someone care about you and bring you back to joy.

I've also had to reach out after tragedies and rebuild my life. Surrender and allow your self to be happy.

Back