• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Spunick's New Here Too!

Spunick

I had the Gastric Sleeve done in 2017 and due to complications I had gastric bypass June 10, 2019. It has not been a good experience. I have had dumping syndrome, pain if I eat more than a mouthful of food and chronic acid reflux. I thought it would be useful to join a support group where I can talk to people that can possibly identify with what I am going through.

Welcome to our group, Nick. Please have a seat & someone will be right with you. ;)

We look forward to supporting you & hearing your stories. In the meantime, if you feel comfortable, here's a challenge for you:

Welcome to the group El. You already know a lot about this because of your previous surgery and you may suffer some additional pain because of adhesions. Adhesions tend to contribute to the difficulty and the pain of additional surgeries in the same area. But put on a happy face. You are going to do fine. You're going to have some pain and you're going to have some discomfort and you're going to have a lot of stuff going on so don't start asking scared questions when you are just 2 or 3 days post-op. Your body needs to heal after that. And we'll still be here when you're all healed up. And believe me, we're going to have a lot of opinions and suggestions.

Back