• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Stall

everyone has stalls. It's nothing to worry about.

get a notebook and write everything down. Don't leave out a crumb. If you think a bite or two won't be a problem, that's a sign of denial. it's like you have an angel and a devil on either shoulder, talking to you, whispering in your ear. be aware of these voices.

what helps me is writing everything down, including negative and positive messages. I have a routine which I learned from a book I shared here, THE ONLY DIET THERE IS. it's not a diet book per se. It's a diet from negative thinking. It's an awesome book with exericses that help you change your mode of thinking. I listed it on my profile. I can't recommend it more highly. And it's an easy read. when you want to eat, do everything you you need to put food aside and read a bit of that book. It's the best "diet" book I've ever read because it's holistic. It doesn't just focus on what you eat. It has exercises that help you think, and in the process, you will change, you will become powerful, and food will no longer rule your life.

losing 100 pounds will bring you down to a manageable weight, where you can move differently and think differently. make a new food list of things you can eat to make that happen. Then stick to it. remember, you ate all kinds of bad foods that brought you to this weight. You can reduce your consumption, and as you go down it gets easier and easier.

and this will sound a little harsh. Stop sabotaging yourself. Stop giving in to your urges. 10 minutes at a time, then another ten, and again and again, and it will be agonizing. But if you want to lose any amount of weight at all, you have to do it. Shift the power from the compulsion to the power of loving control. You can do it. Stop writing about it and complaining about it. Every time you give in, you reinforce the failure message and eventu

Back