• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Starting liquid diet in 2.5 hours!

Nymiria

You guys!!!! I'm about to start my liquid diet. It is gonna be 2 weeks of liquids only (800 calories and however much protein is in 5 Atkins shakes a day) and sugar free liquids. I'm freaking out and also SUPER PUMPED TO GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD! I CANT WAIT FOR SURGERY!!!!
Anywho - just wanted to let ya know my time is coming up! Ahhh!
My husband took me out to dinner tonight for my "last big meal". It was kind of sad when he said that which means I've got some work to do lol.

You guys!!!! I'm about to start my liquid diet. It is gonna be 2 weeks of liquids only (800 calories and however much protein is in 5 Atkins shakes a day) and sugar free liquids. I'm freaking out and also SUPER PUMPED TO GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD! I CANT WAIT FOR SURGERY!!!!
Anywho - just wanted to let ya know my time is coming up! Ahhh!
My husband took me out to dinner tonight for my "last big meal". It was kind of sad when he said that which means I've got some work to do lol.
I'm so glad that your final countdown to WLS is beginning. Are you allowed sugar-free Popsicles or sf jello? They at least can give you the illusion of eating. Best of luck. You've got this! ❤❤

Remember you can read about these yummy "last meals" and remain true to your liquid diet. No calories just by looking at these yummy foods!

Seriously, you are beginning 2 very challenging weeks prior to surgery. Please try to practice sip, sip, sipping your 64+ ozs of water throughout the day. Your body will become accustomed to that routine, which will be a huge help after surgery. If you can get some walking or other movement in, great. You can do this!!!

Remember you can read about these yummy "last meals" and remain true to your liquid diet. No calories just by looking at these yummy foods!

Seriously, you are beginning 2 very challenging weeks prior to surgery. Please try to practice sip, sip, sipping your 64+ ozs of water throughout the day. Your body will become accustomed to that routine, which will be a huge help after surgery. If you can get some walking or other movement in, great. You can do this!!!
Thanks Karen! Yeah I had no idea how difficult just day 1 would be! I thought I could handle a few days before it got so hard haha. And I kept having thoughts of just popping food in my mouth like peanuts or graham crackers and other things. My husband decided he'd do it with me to support me which is so dang nice.

Anyone have any thoughts on a protein shake I bought? It only has 10g of protein and 17g of sugar. Is this ok for me to drink during my pre op liquid diet? I got excited to buy it because it was strawberry and i wanted variety from the chocolate and vanilla I've been drinking from another brand. Thoughts?

Anyone have any thoughts on a protein shake I bought? It only has 10g of protein and 17g of sugar. Is this ok for me to drink during my pre op liquid diet? I got excited to buy it because it was strawberry and i wanted variety from the chocolate and vanilla I've been drinking from another brand. Thoughts?
Idk , the protein shakes I'm supposed to drink everyday have 15 g protein and 1g sugar. I think the sugar grams sounds a bit high?

My doctor has recommendations. I am sure yours does as well, but for me it’s a minimum of 30 g of protein and no more than 10 carbs. Double check with your program but it seems like that might be not enough protein and too many carbs. Premier Protein has a strawberry flavored shake that’s pretty good and it falls into the protein and carb parameters of my program. Check with the nutritionist to be safe.

Back